Research by the Australian Institute of Criminology supports the need for culturally sensitive services when dealing with family violence, particularly because it is often the family relationships themselves that pose the most significant barrier to indigenous women receiving counselling, legal and medical support services.
What does AIC stand for?
AIC stands for Australian Institute of Criminology
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AIC
We have 523 other meanings of AIC in our Acronym Attic
- Attack Information Center
- Attendant in Charge
- Attorney in Charge (various locations)
- Auckland International College (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Audio Intercommunications Center
- Audio Intercommunications System
- Austin Improv Collective (Texas)
- Australian Informatics Competition
- Australian Institute for Commercialization
- Australian Institute of Cartographers (now called Mapping Sciences Institute, Australia)
- Australian Instructional Corps (1921-1955)
- Australian Islamic College (Perth, Australia)
- Auto Iris Control (photography)
- Automated Intelligence Correlation
- Automatic Intercept Center
- Automotive Innovation Center
- Automotive Intelligence Center
- Autopilot Interface Circuit
- Autorizzazione Immissione in Commercio (Italian: Commercial Marketing Permission)
- Auxiliary Information Code
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Australian Institute of Criminology Consumer Fraud Taskforce found that although the number of dating scams was low, the proportion of people who lost money was high.
THE GREY LITERATURE As an illustration of what will be missed in focusing on journal literature, the Australian Institute of Criminology released a report (Wundersitz 2007) in late 2007 on Australian drug offender diversion programs, including an overview of their evaluations.
Australia has a long history of bushfire arson, according to a recent report by the Australian Institute of Criminology.
The government's Australian Institute of Criminology released a report last week which said half the nation's 20,000 to 30,000 bushfires each year are deliberate.
and Makkai is associated with the Australian Institute of Criminology.
Tailby, Australian Institute of Criminology, "The Illicit Market in Diamonds," Trends and Issues in Crime and Criminal Justice 218 (2002).
The Australian Institute of Criminology (AIC), an independent national agency established in 1972, reports to the Australian minister for justice and customs as well as to an independent board of management.