Australian Council of Trade Unions president Ged Kearney said working from home was not necessarily a "panacea" for those wanting flexible working hours - particularly mothers.
What does ACTU stand for?
ACTU stands for Australian Council of Trade Unions
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ACTU
We have 2 other meanings of ACTU in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Cinematograph, Television and Allied Technicians (UK)
- Association of Cinematography and Television Technicians
- Association of Classroom Teacher Testers (Montecito, CA)
- Anti-Crime Training and Technical Assistance
- Australian Capital Territory Trades and Labour Council
- Air Combat Training and Test System
- AIDS Clinical Trials Unit (Washington University Medical Center, St. Louis, Missouri)
- All China Trade Union (Chinese labor union)
- Association of Catholic Trade Unionists
- Australian Capital Territory Union
- All Ceylon Trade Union Federation
- Advanced Computer Technology for Underground Infrastructure (UK)
- AIDS Coalition To Unleash Power
- Australian Council of Trade Unions Queensland
- Automated Central Tumor Registry System
- Action Tchadienne pour l'Unité et Le Socialisme (Chadian Action for Unity and Socialism)
- ASW (Anti-Submarine Warfare) Continuous Trail Unmanned Vehicle
- Advanced Compatible Television
Samples in periodicals archive:
Finally, the Research Notes section continues the journal's tradition of reporting on the issues, events, personalities and outcomes of the biennial Australian Council of Trade Unions Congress; Ed Davis' account of the 2012 Congress, held in Sydney, is both forensic and illuminating.
The Australian Council of Trade Unions is again trying to damage the jobs of ordinary Fijian workers by calling on Australians not to visit Fiji.
She has recently been nominated as the incoming president of the Australian Council of Trade Unions.
In Australia, on the other side of the world, the writer John Passant urged the Australian Council of Trade Unions to boycott Israel.
The 2009 Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) Congress was held from 2-4 June in the Great Hall of the Convention Centre on Brisbane's Southbank.
The people there are subjected to the worst abuses of human rights and of course lack democracy," Burrow, president of the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU), told reporters.
The combative Burrow, president of the Australian Council of Trade Unions, has taken several panels of business leaders to task here over their perceived disregard for workers and complacency.