For our purposes, what was most notable was that the Commission recognized: (i) the need for clearer normative goals (based in use of the implied freedom of political communication established by the Australian High Court in the 1990s) and content regulation for impartiality and accuracy (cf Jones 2004) (ii) the need for evidence-based research and policy evaluation conducted by the regulator of commercial broadcasting (then The Australian Broadcasting Authority [ABA]; now the Australian Communications and Media Authority [ACMA]).
What does ABA stand for?
ABA stands for Australian Broadcasting Authority
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ABA
We have 463 other meanings of ABA in our Acronym Attic
- Associação Brasileira de Antropologia (Brazil)
- Association for Balkan Anthropology
- Association for Behavior Analysis
- Association of Black Alumni
- Asymptotic Bound Analysis
- Atlanta Bar Association (Atlanta, GA)
- Australian Bankers Association
- Australian Bicentennial Authority
- Australian Biotechnology Association
- Australian Breastfeeding Association
- Austrian Biologists Association
- Auto Bedrijven Associatie (Dutch)
- Auto-Build Authorization
- Automatic Brake Adjuster
- Awfully Big Adventure
- American Bar Association Central European and Eurasian Law Initiative
- Asian Business Association of Los Angeles
- Advanced Blind Adaptive Multi-User Detector
- Above and Beyond Achievement Award (Casualty Actuarial Society)
- Addison Business Aviation Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
1% of its interest in Hot 91 as a result of its purchase of a second Brisbane FM licence at an auction held by the Australian Broadcasting Authority earlier this year.
Australian Broadcasting Authority chairman David Flint said the ABA was "very pleased" with the result of day's auction.
Administered by the Australian Broadcasting Authority (ABA), which was established to oversee censorship of films and television, the Act extends the broadcasting metaphor to the net.
46 31 773 12 16 National, by Country Australia ABA Australian Broadcasting Authority http://aba.
Past and present clients cover a wide range of areas including ABC Radio, Austereo, DMG Radio, Music Country Cable TV, RG Capital, The Australian Broadcasting Authority, MORE-FM Group New Zealand, The Australia Council and The Australia Recording Industry Association.
The Recommendations, written by the Bertelsmann Foundation, drew on rich, often controversial yet very constructive discussions with a network of 25 international experts ranging from ACLU-President, Nadine Strossen, to leading Bavarian police who investigated former Compuserve Manager, Felix Somm, from Microsoft and AOL Europe to the Deputy Chairman of the Australian Broadcasting Authority Gareth Grainger and the Singapore Broadcasting Authority.
today announced that the Australian Broadcasting Authority (ABA) had completed its review of the new shareholding structure of the TEN Television Network in Australia.