A public report carried out by the public report carried out by the Financial Reporting Council's Audit Inspection Unit on PwC for its year ended March 2012 revealed that work performed in the rm's two o"--shore centres accounted for about 4% of core audit hours in 2011 and was expected to rise to 6% in 2012.
What does AIU stand for?
AIU stands for Audit Inspection Unit (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AIU
We have 36 other meanings of AIU in our Acronym Attic
- Arab Information Union
- Armament Interface Unit
- Article In Use
- Associates in Urology (various locations)
- Association Internationale des Universités
- Association Internationale des Urbanistes (French: International Association of Urban Planners)
- Association of Indian Universities
- Astrophysical Institute & University Observatory
- Atlantic International University
- Audio Interface Unit
- Authentic Independent Union (Puerto Rico)
- Automatic Digital Network Interface Unit (US DoD)
- Avionics Interface Unit
- Alabama Insurance Underwriting Association
- American International University Bangladesh
- Astronomical Institute at the University of Bern (Switzerland)
- Astronomical Institutes of the University of Bonn (now Argelander Institute for Astronomy; Germany)
- All Instantiated Use Cases (software testing)
- Associazione Italiana Ulcere Cutanee (Italian: Italian Association for the Study of Skin Ulcers)
- All India United Democratic Front (political group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These headline figures should make interesting reading for regulators," says Sally Percy, editor of Accountancy "The recent report from the Audit Inspection Unit of the Financial Reporting Council's Professional Oversight Board caused a stir when it criticised one of the big four accountancy firms for seeking to grow non-audit fees from its audit clients.
The report concluded: "In relation to its reviews of individual audits undertaken by the seven major firms, the [POB's] audit inspection unit considered the audit work generally to have been performed to a good or acceptable standard .