The Attitude Direction Indicator (ADI) and HUD would suffice to maintain straight and level flight, but I had to reduce the vibration and noise.
What does ADI stand for?
ADI stands for Attitude Direction Indicator (aviation)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ADI
We have 311 other meanings of ADI in our Acronym Attic
- Asociación de Damas Italianas (Italian Ladies' Association, Guatemala)
- Asociación de Desarollo Integral (Integral Improvement Association of Coatepeque, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala)
- Assistance Dog Institute
- Assistance Dogs International, Inc.
- Assistenza Domiciliare Integrata (Italian: Integrated Home Care)
- Association des Directeurs Immobiliers (French: Real Estate Managers Association)
- Association for Direct Instruction (various organizations)
- Associazione Degli Italianisti (Italian: Association of Italians)
- Associazione Italiana di Dietologia e Nutrizione Clinica
- Associazione per il Disegno Industriale (Milano, Italy)
- Attitude Directional Indicator
- Attitude Director Indicator
- Attitude Display Indicator (aviation)
- Aubrey Daniels International (Atlanta, GA)
- Austempered Ductile Iron
- Authorised Deposit Taking Institution (Australia)
- AutoCAD Device Interface
- Autodesk Design Institute (software; various locations)
- AutoDesk Device Interface
- AUTODIN-to-DISN Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
An E-2C was about to recover, and the aircrew had found a problem with the co-pilot's attitude direction indicator (ADI).
The library of DCS Smart Simulation Objects include: * Heading Situation Indicators (HSI) * Attitude Direction Indicators (ADI) * Moving Maps * Weather Radars * Flight Management Computers * Radio Control Heads * Multifunction Displays Combining Management Experience with Expertise in Safety Critical and Real Time Embedded Software Development DCS Corporation has been providing technical and management services for defense-related government and commercial enterprises since its inception in 1977.
American Airlines - 5ATIs Smiths Aerospace has been awarded a contract from American Airlines to retrofit 128 MD-80 aircraft with 5ATI EADI / EHSI (electronic attitude direction indicator / electronic horizontal situation indicator) active matrix liquid crystal display systems.
Smiths Industries expects to use Planar's 3ATI AMLCD for flight deck instruments in both military and commercial aircraft including, flight path and engine information centers, attitude direction indicators (ADI), and horizontal situation indicators (HSI).