The three jets are assigned to Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 121 residing with the host Marine Aircraft Group 13.
What does ATKS stand for?
ATKS stands for Attack Squadron (US Air Force)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 3 other meanings of ATKS in our Acronym Attic
- Attack Helicopter Company
- Attack Helicopter
- Asosiasi Tenaga Kerja Indonesia (Indonesian: Association of Indonesian Migrant Workers; Hong Kong, China)
- Amtliches Topographisch-Kartographisches Informationssystem (German: official topographic-cartographic information system)
- Allied Telesis K.K. (telecommunications; Japan)
- All that Korean Medicine
- All the King's Men (novel)
- All the Kings Men (performance troupe)
- Attack Position
- Navy Attack Squadron
- Attack Surveillance Committee/Coverage
- After Trying Keep Trying
- Allowed to Keep Terms (education)
- Afrikaanse Taal en Kultuurvereniging (RSA)
- Associazione Ticino Kenya Youth Education (Italian: Kenya Ticino Youth Education Association)
- A Thousand Lights (UK band)
- A Tu Lado (Spanish TV program)
- Abgasturbolader (German: turbocharger)
- Above the Law (gaming clan; rap group; blog)
- Above The Line (advertising)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The aviator was from Marine Fighter Attack Squadron (VMFA) 323, nicknamed the "Death Rattlers", based at MCAS Miramar in San Diego, Calif.
The VA-25 Fists, deployed on USS Coral Sea (CVA-43), was the last attack squadron to take the A-1H/J Skyraider into combat.
Marine Light Attack Squadron 269 is the recipient in both aviation and ground safety.
The Marines are with the phase maintenance section of Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 533, Marine Aircraft Group 16 (Reinforced), 3rd Marine Wing.
Launch the Intruders: A Naval Attack Squadron in the Vietnam War, 1972 by Carol Reardon.
That cleared the way for the bombardment and attack squadrons to go after German headquarters elements, troop concentrations, staging areas, transportation infrastructure, and airfields.
Box 41012, Rochester NY 14604 (585) 647-1358, in the years 1967-69 stationed at Naval Air Station (NAS) Oceans, Virginia (VA-42) with attack Squadron -42 would like to hear from you.