Under the EPRP contract, Lockheed Martin will modernize 15 radars in Alaska, 11 in Canada, and one each in Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Utah, which are part of the Air Force's Atmospheric Early Warning System, by 2014.
What does AEWS stand for?
AEWS stands for Atmospheric Early Warning System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AEWS
We have 14 other meanings of AEWS in our Acronym Attic
- Adult Education for Work-Related Reasons (survey; National Center for Education Statistics)
- Adverse Effect Wage Rate (US DOL; agriculture)
- Airborne Early Warning Radar
- Atmospheric, Environmental and Water Resources (degree program)
- Army Energy and Water Reporting System
- Accident Emergency Warning System (Danube River Basin transboundary water pollution alert; est. 1997)
- Advanced Early Warning System
- Advanced Electronic Warfare System
- Airborne Early Warning System
- Alaska Eskimo Whaling System
- Arvin Edison Water Storage District
- Adaptation and Evolution in Web Systems Engineering (convention)
- Aircraft Electronic Warfare Self-Protection System (US DoD)
- Advanced Environmental Water Technologies
- Aircrew Electronic Warfare Tactics Facility
- Aircrew Electronic Warfare Training Range
- Airborne Early Warning Training Unit
- Association for the Education and Welfare of the Visually Handicapped (UK)
- Award for Excellence in Workplace Volunteer Programs
- Aerospace Education Excellence (award program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Gary Peterson, Mechanical Engineer, Logistics Center Engineering, Atmospheric Early Warning Systems, "SWANview Portables were selected for monitoring the mechanical condition of the radar drive systems because SWAN(TM) technology is able to monitor large, slow moving apparatus effectively.
MTC will provide a wide range of diverse acquisition program management, acquisition logistics, engineering, production management, and technical configuration management support for the Atmospheric Early Warning System (AEWS) family of early warning radars, radar processors, and associated equipment.