In addition, footage from helicopters and motorcycles was received at the finish line from the Atlantic Bird 1, Atlantic Bird 2 and Atlantic Bird 3 satellites.
What does AB1 stand for?
AB1 stands for Atlantic Bird 1 (communications satellite)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AB1
- Anorganic Bone Plus Collagen
- antibody bound latex beads
- Aid to the Blind - Treatment
- Admissible Boundary of V
- American Branch - World Rabbit Science Association
- Bothropic/Crotalic Antivenom
- Aerobrake/Carrier Vehicle
- Army Brigade/Division
- Asbestos Bodies per gram dry weight
- At Bats with Runners in Scoring Position (baseball)
- Aviation Boatswain's Mate First Class (Naval Rating)
- Anarchy Burger ][
- Army Brigade & Below
- Atlantic Bird 2 (communication satellite)
- Aviation Boatswain's Mate Second Class (Naval Rating)
- Anti-Beta 2 Glycoprotein
- Academic Building 3
- Aviation Boatswain's Mate Third Class (Naval Rating)
- alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die (USENET newsgroup)
- Airbus A300-600
Samples in periodicals archive:
ATHENS, Greece, May 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Carol & Cindy Brady Marion & Joannie Cunningham SATELLITE INFORMATION: EUROPE Sunday, 13th May 2007 9:30AM - 10:00AM London Local (0830-0900 GMT) Satellite: Atlantic Bird 1 (AB1) / Transponder F-5 Ch.
USA Satellite Uplink Details Thursday, December 5, 2002 16:15 EST AMC 2/K14 (formerly known as GE-2) 16:30 EST Orbital Position: 85 West 17:15 EST Bandwidth: 36 MHz UL Freq: 14280 MHz (V) DL Freq: 11980 MHz (H) Additional Feed for USA -- Coincides with Europe and Australia Monday, December 9, 2002 18:00-18:15 EST (23:00-23:15 GMT) Tuesday, December 10, 2002 05:00-05:15 EST (10:00-10:15 GMT) Satellite: Telstar 5 KU Band Transponder 19 Europe (London) Satellite Uplink Details Eastern Standard Time USA Tuesday, December 10, 2002 05:00-05:15 EST (10:00-10:15 GMT) Satellite: Atlantic Bird 1 Orbital Position: 12.
It is prime contractor for a number of national and international programs such as Italsat, Artemis, Sicral, Atlantic Bird 1, SkyPlexNet and EuroSkyWay.