DB2 Version 3 also exploits the Asynchronous Data Mover Facility of IBM's new Enterprise System/9000 (A) (ES/9000) (A) processors by more efficiently moving large amounts of data between central and expanded storage, thus freeing up more processor resource for customer workloads.
What does ADMF stand for?
ADMF stands for Asynchronous Data Mover Facility (IBM feature)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ADMF
We have 4 other meanings of ADMF in our Acronym Attic
- Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity (drug properties; also seen as ADMETOX)
- Acyclic Diene Metathesis
- Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity (drug properties; also seen as ADMET)
- Poor Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Elimination
- Accountability in a Devolved Management Framework (Public Service Act of 1997; Australia)
- Adaptive Decision Making Frameworks
- Adira Dinamika Multi Finance (Indonesia)
- Admiral of the Fleet (British Royal Navy; UK)
- ARTS Development and Modification Facility
- Association Dracenoise de Modélisme Ferroviaire (French model railway association)
- ARTS Development and Modification Facility Enhancement
- Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (Latin: For the Greater Glory of God)
- Adaptive Differentiated-Service Multicast Gateway
- Aerodynamic Magnetic Gap (automobile speakers)
- Air Defense Machine Gun
- Alaska Division of Mines and Geology (Alaska Department of Natural Resources)
- Allied Design Management Group, Inc. (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Asia Development Management Group, LLC
- Association of Deer Management Groups (est. 1992; Scotland, UK)
- Active Duty Montgomery GI Bill
Samples in periodicals archive:
Architectural features such as Asynchronous Data Mover Facility and Data Compression were also exercised as I/O and CPU capacities were put under stress using iterative changes in complexity and capacity.
Asynchronous Data Mover Facility IBM is providing the Asynchronous Data Mover Facility as a standard function on the new ES/9000 water-cooled processors and intends to provide this function on the new air-cooled frame processors in the future.