It is being designed and developed at the Science and Technology Facilities Council UK Astronomy Technology Centre in Edinburgh, and is a joint effort with the universities of Leicester and Edinburgh.
What does ATC stand for?
ATC stands for Astronomy Technology Centre (Edinburgh, Scotland)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ATC
We have 806 other meanings of ATC in our Acronym Attic
- Asociación de Trabajadores del Campo (Farm Workers Association, Nicaragua)
- Assessment of Technical Competence (various organizations)
- Assessment Training Centre
- Assistant Test Controller
- Associated Theatrical Contractors (Springfield, MO)
- Association des Travailleurs Agricoles (Agricultural Workers' Association)
- Association Tunisienne de Chirurgie
- Associazione Ticinese dei Chimici (Association of Chemical Ticinese; now dissolved)
- Assurance Technology Center (NASA)
- Assurance Technology Corporation
- At the Center (Hartford, Maine retreat center)
- Athens Technical College (Georgia)
- Athletic Trainer, Certified
- Athletic Training Club (various locations)
- Atlantic Theater Company (New York, New York)
- Atomistic-to-Continuum (mathematics)
- Attitude and Translation Control
- Audio Teleconferencing Center
- Austin Technology Council
- Australian Tax Cases (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Professor Ray Sharples, from Durham University's NETPark Research Institute, and Professor Colin Cunningham of the UK Astronomy Technology Centre briefed the audience on the technology spin-offs from the telescope programmes.
Google stitched imagery from various scientific third parties, such as the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI), the Digital Sky Survey Consortium (DSSC), the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS), CalTech's Palomar Observatory, the United Kingdom Astronomy Technology Centre (UK ATC) and the Anglo-Australian Observatory (AAO).
ENGINEER PETER HASTINGS, 47 and single, is a senior mechanical design engineer at the UK Astronomy Technology Centre in Edinburgh.
The virtual telescope brings together images from a number of sky-mapping organisations, including the Hubble space telescope and the UK Astronomy Technology Centre.
The virtual telescope brings together images from a number of sky-mapping organisations, including Nasa's Hubble Space Telescope and the UK Astronomy Technology Centre.
Built at the UK Astronomy Technology Centre in Edinburgh, the WFCAM has a larger field of view than any other astronomical infrared camera in the world.