ats is currently let on Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement at PS500 per calendar month (PS6000 per annum).
What does AST stand for?
AST stands for Assured Shorthold Tenancy (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AST
We have 442 other meanings of AST in our Acronym Attic
- Assenmacher Specialty Tools (Boulder, CO)
- Assign Secondary Traffic Channels (US DoD)
- Associate Administrator for Commercial Space Transportation (FAA)
- Associate in Science Transfer (various schools)
- Association for Software Testing
- Association of Science Teachers (Canada)
- Association of Surgical Technologists
- Assuming Seasonal Temperature (dead)
- Astralis (Finnish Counter-Strike clan)
- Astro Star Tracker (NASA)
- Astrometry Science Team
- Asturian or Bable (ISO 639 language)
- Asymptotic Stable Throughput (computer networking)
- Asynchronous System Trap
- Asyut (Egyptian automobile license plate)
- ATEC (Army Test & Evaluation Command) System Team
- Atlantic School of Theology
Samples in periodicals archive:
If you were to grant a 12 month assured shorthold tenancy the tenant would be entitled to 'hold over' beyond the 12 month period in the event of both parties being happy for the tenant to remain.
A private, gated courtyard leads to a one-bedroom cottage, at present let on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement, with the addition of The Bothy, renovated to create a guest annex with the potential to accommodate holiday lets, a home office or professional studio.
These will explain the tenancy's new status as an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, and when it will take effect.
However, this isn't a sector for buy-to-let because that means an assured shorthold tenancy, usually lasting six months or a year.
There are different types of tenancies such as assured shorthold, assured and regulated or protected - but most landlords favour an assured shorthold tenancy because it entitles them to take back the property after six months.
But Fool property expert Donna Werbner warned: "They actually offer an Assured Shorthold tenancy which lasts for only six to twelve months.
The Trust says it uses the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors' form of assured shorthold tenancy, with an initial six months on most of its residential lettings.