[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The 2010 Albright and Thyer article from the journal, Social Work Research, encourages the Association of Social Work Boards to publish in independent peer-reviewed journals, a series of psychometric studies on the reliability and validity of the social work licensing examinations they have developed.
What does ASWB stand for?
ASWB stands for Association of Social Work Boards
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ASWB
We have 4 other meanings of ASWB in our Acronym Attic
- Anthropological Society of Western Australia
- Australian Severe Weather Association (est. 1998)
- Alamo Silver Wings Airborne Association (San Antonio, TX)
- Alberta Status of Women Action Committee (est. 1975; Canada)
- Anti-Submarine Warfare Advisory Committee
- Antisubmarine Warfare Air Control Ship
- Anti-Submarine Warfare Aircraft Control Unit
- Association for the Study of the Worldwide African Diaspora (New York, NY)
- American Society of Women Accountants Educational Foundation
- Asian Shipping and Work Boat (professional conference)
- All Scrapers Will Be Found (Webmaster Guidelines)
- Armed Services Whole Blood Processing Laboratory
- Armed Services Whole Blood Processing Laboratory (US DoD)
- Advanced Special Warfare Craft
- Affine Smith-Waterman Cell
- Alaska State Writing Consortium
- Alberta Sheep and Wool Commission
- Alternate Serving Wire Center
- Alternative Sports World Cup
- American Serbian Woman's Caucus
Samples in periodicals archive:
The authors administered to 59 first-year MSW students the practice test for the clinical-level examination developed by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB); the latter is used by most jurisdictions to qualify individuals to practice as licensed clinical social workers.
Data Collection Procedures The Association of Social Work Boards provided information about the reported number of social workers sanctioned by all state regulatory boards from the inception of the individual boards (personal communication with D.
This partnership makes possible the approval of more than 80 Wiley books for CE credit through such organizations as the American Psychological Association, American Nurses Credentialing Center, Association of Social Work Boards, National Board for Certified Counselors, and NAADAC, as well as many state licensing boards.
Marsh, chair University of Chicago Donna DeAngelis Association of Social Work Boards James A.
Magellan is approved as a continuing education provider/sponsor by the American Psychological Association (APA), Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) and the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
SOCIAL WORK, TECHNOLOGY, AND PRACTICE The National Association of Social Work (NASW) recently joined with the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) in an initiative that recognizes the invaluable role of technology in social work practice and education (Stoesen, 2004).
A recent survey by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), formerly the American Association of State Social Work Boards (AASSWB), found that at least seven states currently require licensure of social work faculty (J.