But he is making a fortune from a string of lucrative posts including the Association of Independent Financial Advisers, which paid him pounds 2083.
What does AIFA stand for?
AIFA stands for Association of Independent Financial Advisers
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AIFA
We have 17 other meanings of AIFA in our Acronym Attic
- Avionics Integrated Fuzing
- Allograft Inflammatory Factor 1
- AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service) Imprest Fund Activity (US DoD)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary Auditor
- Agenzia italiana del Farmaco (Rome, Italy)
- American International Freight Association
- Anti-Intrinsic Factor Antibody
- Arab Initiative for the Freedom of Association
- Associate of the Institute of Field Archaeologists (UK)
- All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society (New Delhi, India)
- Associazione Italiana Famiglie Ammalati Psichici
- Association of Independent First Aid at Work Training Organisations (UK)
- All India Forward Bloc (India)
- Angewandte Informatik und Formale Beschreibungsverfahren (German)
- Asphalt Impregnated Fiber Board (aka Asphalt Impregnated Fibre Board)
- Associate of the International Faculty of Business Qualifications (UK)
- Arab Institute for Financial and Banking Studies (Jordan)
- Amelia Island-Fernandina Beach-Yulee (Florida)
- Acellular Intrinsic Fibre Cementum
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Association of Independent Financial Advisers (Aifa) has set out a manifesto that believes there needs to be a clear separation of what is independent advice, and all the other types of services, so that the public will be able to see and understand the motivations of the institution.
Chris Cummings, director-general of the Association of Independent Financial Advisers, thinks it helps that he comes from the industry, rather than being a career regulator.
The committee challenged Paul Smee, director general of the Association of Independent Financial Advisers (AIFA), as to why the trade group did not intervene to stop the products being marketed in this way.
The Commons Treasury Select Committee, in criticising the Association of Independent Financial Advisers, said 250,000 people - mostly over 60 - had lost about pounds 2bn in high-risk precipice bonds.
Poor advice THE Association of Independent Financial Advisers has been criticised by MPs for failing to do enough to stop products being mis-sold.
THE Association of Independent Financial Advisers were criticised by MPs yesterday for failing to do enough to stop products being mis-sold.
Fay Goddard, of the Association of Independent Financial Advisers says: "There are so many different products that people couldn't possibly research them all.