ILCW's revision of CW 2 appeared in 1975, and one year later the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches was formed.
What does AELC stand for?
AELC stands for Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AELC
We have 10 other meanings of AELC in our Acronym Attic
- Adelaide Eye and Laser Centre (Australia)
- Adult Education Learning Center
- Agassiz Environmental Learning Center
- American Employment Law Council
- Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Appleton Electric Limited Canada
- Arab Election Law Compendium
- Architects and Engineers Legislative Council
- Asociación Europea de Libre Comercio (European Free Trade Association, EFTA)
- Associació d'Escriptors en Llengua Catalana
- Australian Experiential Learning Centre (Midland, Australia)
- Aircraft Electronic Configuration File
- Accreditation of Early Learning and Care Services (Canada)
- Americans for Effective Law Enforcement, Inc
- Association Européenne de Libre-Échange (European Free Trade Association)
- American English Language Foundation (online school)
- Association Episcopale pour la Liturgie Francophone (French)
- Automated Electronic Log Files
- Asociación Española de Lenguas Para Fines Específicos
- Adult ESOL (English as a Second Language) Literacy and GED (General Equivalency Diploma)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Louis, however, was so divided over the issue that a new seminary and church body--Concordia Seminary in Exile and the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches (AELC)--were established and in 1976, approved women's ordination.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), formed in 1988 through a merger of the American Lutheran Church, the Lutheran Church in America, and the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches, issued a statement in 1991 which speaks of the sanctity of human life.