The union worked with community-based organizations including the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, the Central American Resource Center, InnerCity Struggle and Community Coalition to develop their plan.
What does ACORN stand for?
ACORN stands for Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACORN
We have 40 other meanings of ACORN in our Acronym Attic
- Atomic Core Orbitals
- Australian Centre of Regulatory Economics
- Advisory Council on Recreational Fishing (New South Wales, Australia)
- A Classification Of Residential Neighborhoods (CACI International Inc.)
- Accelerated Community Oncology Research Network
- AIDS Community Resource Network
- Alliance to Conserve Old Richmond Neighborhoods (Virginia)
- ARC (Australian Research Council) Communications Research Network
- Arlington County Online Resource Network (Arlington, VA online library system)
- Arms Control Research Network
- Automated Correspondence Online Response Network
- Aviation, Construction, Ordnance, Repair, Navy
- Acorn Cap Badge (US Civil War; military slang)
- Arts and Culture Online Readers News Service (IFACCA)
- Advisory Committee on Research Programs (Texas)
- Aircare On-Road Program
- Animal Component of Research Protocol
- Association of Community Rail Partnerships (UK)
- Academic Clinical Oncology and Radiobiology Research Network (est. 2005; UK)
- Advisory Commission on Radioactive Waste (Maine; environmental)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NEW ORLEANS -- Up To Seven Million Families Could Be Missing Out on Over $12 Billion in Tax Benefits The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) today released a new report documenting that as many as seven million U.
Sharing a goal of helping low-income taxpayers, H&R Block and the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) together will create and execute community outreach programs designed to help consumers claim larger tax refunds and enroll in often-missed government assistance programs.