Present were the wife of the prime minister of Croatia, Sanja Music-Milanovic, the minister of the National Womens' Service, Carolina Schmidt, the first ladies of Ecuador, RocIo Gonzalez de Moreno, and Honduras, Rosa Elena Bonilla de Lobo, the wife of the Chilean foreign minister, Ana Maria Echeverria, of the Honduran foreign minister, Patricia Suazo de Corrales, of the secretary general of the Association of Caribbean States, Lucia Stella Mejia Robles, and the executive director of Fundacion Futuro, Magdalena Pinera Echenique.
What does ASC stand for?
ASC stands for Association of Caribbean States
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ASC
We have 1071 other meanings of ASC in our Acronym Attic
- Assessment Systems Corporation (St. Paul, MN)
- Assign Switch Classmarks
- Assistant State Coordinator
- Associate in Science (degree)
- Associate Support Center
- Associated Securities Corp. (El Segundo, CA)
- Associated Specialty Contractors
- Associates Services Center
- Association des Sports de Chelles (French: Sports Association of Chelles; Chelles, France)
- Association for Survey Computing
- Association of Scottish Colleges
- Association of Student Councils (various locations)
- Associative Structure Computer
- Asthma Society of Canada
- ATCCS Steering Committee
- Atlanta Sports Council (Atlanta, GA)
- Atlantic Slope Consortium
- Atlantic Staffing Consultants Inc (St. John's, NL, Canada)
- Atlantic Street Center (Seattle, WA)
- Atomic-Sized Contacts
Samples in periodicals archive:
ELBA was promoted by Chavez - who has changed his country's name to "The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela" at the Third Summit of the Association of Caribbean States in December 2001 on Margarita Island, in the Venezuelan state of Nueva Esparta.
Turkey also aspires to strengthen its ties with the regional cooperation schemes in this area, he said, adding, "within that context, Turkey enjoys permanent observer status in the Organization of American States and the Association of Caribbean States, and seeks to develop formal ties with the Southern Common Market (MERCOSUR) and the Caribbean Community (CARICOM).
For Watson Dennis, political advisor at the Secretariat of the Association of Caribbean States, the slave rebellion in Saint Domingue "sounded the bell heralding the end of slavery and the slave trade".
com April: The Association of Caribbean States (ACS) has been selected as the honoree at the 11th International Book Fair of the Dominican Republic, in Santo Domingo.
In addition to Caricom, these agreements are under the auspices of the ACP Group, the Association of Caribbean States, the Caribbean Tourism Organization, Cariforum and the Regional Negotiating Machinery to deal with the WTO, the European Union and the proposed Free Trade Area of the Americas.
The headquarters of the Association of Caribbean States (ACS) and the United Nations/Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean are also located in the twin island republic.
This was the second summit of the Association of Caribbean States (ACS), which was organized in 1995.