Harold was a member and Past President and Past Executive Director of the Worcester Area Association for Retarded Children.
What does ARC stand for?
ARC stands for Association for Retarded Children
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ARC
We have 1057 other meanings of ARC in our Acronym Attic
- Artist Run Centre (various locations)
- Arts at Rollins College (Winter Park, FL)
- Arts Research Center (Berkeley, CA)
- Asociaciòn de Remo del Cantábrico (Spanish: Cantabrian Sea Boat Racing Association)
- Assessment Requirements for CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)
- Asset Recovery Center (various locations)
- Asset Reporting Code
- Assign Remote Connection
- Assistant Regional Commissioner/Counsel
- Associate Response Center
- Association for Retarded Citizens (now renamed The Arc)
- Association of Recruitment Consultancies (UK)
- Association of Retarded Citizens (of High Point)
- Association pour la Recherche sur le Cancer
- Association Resource Center (various organizations)
- Astrophysical Research Consortium
- Asylum Seeking and Refugee Children (UK)
- Athénée Robert Catteau (Brussels, Belgium)
- Athletic Recreation Center (fitness facility; University of the Sciences; Philadelphia, PA)
- Atlanta Recumbent Cyclists
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1950, parents organized the National Association for Retarded Children (NARC), in 1959 renamed it ARC (Association for Retarded Citizens), and finally in 1992 arrived at the current name, The Arc, with no words attached to the letters.
A milestone in this effort was the historic right-to-education case, The Pennsylvania Association for Retarded Children v.
The Attorney General's investigation revealed: * All-Star Promotions, a telemarketing firm hired to raise funds for Advocates for the Rights of Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (ARC), a legitimate Everett charity, allegedly told its telephone solicitors to explain that ARC stood for Association for Retarded Children, because it would help sell tickets; and * Front Line Promotions, marketing celebrity sporting events, allegedly misrepresented that tickets would be donated to underprivileged children, and allegedly claimed football stars Jerry Rice and Joe Montana would attend games.
In addition to her full-time role as a homemaker and mother of three children, Leupp is a member of several community service groups, including: board member of Our Lady of Angels Mothers Club; a member of the Peninsula Association for Retarded Children and Adults; and a 12-year member of the Community Service League.
He was priest-representative to the Worcester Association for Retarded Children, a member of the Worcester Inter-Racial Council, deputy chaplain for Youth Guidance and chaplain of the Phi Beta Omega inter-high school sorority.
The National Association for Retarded Children (now The ARC), the Children's Bureau and the Kennedy Foundation were foremost among the organizations that pushed for widespread adoption of the Guthrie test, and by 1966 it was required for all children by all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
But he has been especially active with the Pinellas Association for Retarded Children (PARC) over the past 12 years.