16 /PRNewswire/ -- Focal Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: FCOM), a leading national communications provider of local phone and data services, is working with the Association for Local Telecommunications Services (ALTS) to defeat H.
What does ALT stand for?
ALT stands for Association for Local Telecommunications
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ALT
We have 188 other meanings of ALT in our Acronym Attic
- Anti Leech Tracker
- Applied Laser Technology (various locations)
- Approach and Landing Test
- Approximate Lower Triangular (coding scheme)
- Argon Laser Trabeculoplasty
- Army Liaison Team
- Assistant Language Teacher
- Assistant Leader Trainer
- Association for Learning Technology
- Association for Linguistic Typology
- Associazione Italiana per la Lotta Alla Trombosi
- Associazione per la Lotta Alla Trombosi e Alle Malattie Cardiovascolari (Italian: Association to Combat Thrombosis and Cardiovascular Disease; est. 1986)
- Asynchronous Line Test
- ATM Link Termination
- Automatic Line Testing (Nortel)
- Automatic Line Thresholded
- Automatic Link Transfer
- Radar Altimeter (SEASAT, GEOS-3)
- Alternate Armed Services Blood Program Office
- Alternate Armed Services Medical Regulating Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
Right now landlords are standing in the way of competition," said John Windhausen, president of the Washington-based Association for Local Telecommunications services.
FCC authority on pricing guidelines upheld The Association for Local Telecommunications Services (ALTS), the nation's leading organization representing competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs), approved a Supreme Court decision upholding the FCC's authority to set pricing guidelines for interconnection to local phone company networks.
CHICAGO, July 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Robert Taylor, President and CEO of Focal Communications Corporation and Chairman of the Association for Local Telecommunications Services (ALTS), will testify today at a Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation hearing on the Broadband Internet Regulatory Relief Act of 2000.
President of the Association for Local Telecommunications Services ("ALTS"): "ALTS is extremely pleased that a forward-thinking group of CLECs has put forth an economically rational plan to solve the complexity of issues surrounding intercarrier compensation.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 1999, 12 pm SUBJECT: "FCC DECISION ON ILEC PRICING FLEXIBILITY" The Association for Local Telecommunications Services (ALTS) will host a media lunch and a press briefing on Wednesday, July 28, 1999, beginning at 12 noon, at ALTS' offices, located at 888 17th Street, NW, Suite 900.
5, 2004 Jim Geiger, Founder and CEO of Cbeyond Communications, the leader in the emerging local voice and broadband services market and the world's first 100% Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) local phone network, has been named Chairman of the Association for Local Telecommunications Services (ALTS).
WASHINGTON, July 1 /PRNewswire/ -- The following statement should be attributed to the members of the Competitive Broadband Coalition: the Association for Local Telecommunications Services (ALTS), AT&T, the Commercial Internet eXchange Association (CIX), CompTel (Competitive Telecommunications Association), Cable & Wireless, Information Technology Association of America (ITAA), MCI WorldCom, Qwest, Sprint, and the Telecommunications Resellers Association (TRA).