Byline: The Register-Guard The Register-Guard has been awarded seven honors for its sports coverage by the Associated Press Sports Editors organization.
What does APSE stand for?
APSE stands for Associated Press Sports Editors (Dallas, Texas)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of APSE
We have 32 other meanings of APSE in our Acronym Attic
- Asia-Pacific Spatial Data Infrastructure (database network)
- Asian and Pacific Skill Development Information Network
- Ada Public School District Library (Ada, OH)
- Airport Pavement Structural Design System (software)
- Air Passages and Superior Digestive Tract
- Ada Programming Support Environment
- AGFA Publishing Systems Environment
- Armour Piercing Secondary Effect
- Asociación de Profesores de Segunda Enseñanza (association of teachers for second-chance education, Costa Rica)
- Asociación para la Promoción de la Seguridad Eléctrica (association for promotion of electrical security, Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Association for Persons in Supported Employment
- Association for Public Service Excellence (Manchester, UK)
- Asian Pacific State Employees Association (California)
- Association of Professional Societies in East Africa (est. 1961)
- Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority (Canada)
- Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Board
- Advance Power System Electronic Control
- Asia Pacific Software Engineering Conference (Australia)
- Asia Pacific Structural Engineering and Construction Conference
- Atlantic Pacific Securities Apsec (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While editor, The Kansas City Star won numerous national awards in virtually every area of journalism, including two George Polk awards, the Goldsmith Investigative Reporting Prize, several National Headliner Awards, many awards from the Society of News Design, and three Associated Press Sports Editors "Triple Crown" citations for the best sports section in the country.
We'll see what happens," Ted Power, vice president of Gannett's West Group, was quoted by the Salt Lake Tribune as saying at last week's Associated Press Sports Editors conference held in Salt Lake City.
Speaking at his annual meeting with the Associated Press Sports Editors in New York, Selig indicated public service will be required of officials found to have acted improperly.
Under his stewardship, The Kansas City Star has won scores of national awards in virtually every area of journalism, including two George Polk awards; the Goldsmith Investigative Reporting Prize; several National Headliner Awards; numerous awards from the Society of News Design; and three Associated Press Sports Editors "Triple Crown" citations for the best sports section in the country, among many others.
Murrow Award in the Overall Excellence category * Gerald Loeb Award for Distinguished Business and Financial Journalism * American Bar Association Silver Gavel Award * 13 total Society of Professional Journalist Awards * Premack Award - Excellence in coverage of breaking news about public affairs * Premack Award - Excellence in investigative or analytical reporting about public affairs * Winner, Associated Press Sports Editors Multimedia Contest * Garden Writers Association Silver Award * National Features Journalism Contest About Star Tribune Media Company Star Tribune Media Company LLC is a locally owned and operated media company serving Minnesota and the upper Midwest.
Byline: The Register-Guard The Register-Guard captured several national awards for its sports coverage in 2011 in the recent Associated Press Sports Editors annual contest.
In the last two years, the Orlando Sentinel's sports section has received 11 awards from the Associated Press Sports Editors group, a number matched only by much larger newspapers.