President Clinton nominated her as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, and she took her seat August 10, 1993.
What does AJSC stand for?
AJSC stands for Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AJSC
We have 2 other meanings of AJSC in our Acronym Attic
- All Japan Skateboard Association (Japan)
- American Junior Shorthorn Association (Kentucky)
- American Junior Simmental Association (Bozeman, MT)
- Arthur John Sikula Associates (New York, NY)
- Auckland Jet Sport Association (New Zealand)
- All Japan Shohin-Bonsai Association (est. 1986)
- Australasian Jet Sports Boating Association
- Annual Joint Scientific Conference
- Assignment Judge of Superior Court (New Jersey)
- Associação de Jovens de Samora Correia (Portuguese: Youth Association of Samora Correia; Samora Correia, Portugal)
- Association of Jewish Sponsored Camps (est. 1962; various locations)
- Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering
- Australia-Japan Student Film Forum
- Alliance for Judaism and Social Justice
- All Japan Sport Kite Association
- American Journal of Sociology (University of Chicago; Chicago, IL)
- Asian Journal of Shipping and Logistics (Elsevier)
- Association for Japanese Social Literature
- Association Jeunes Scientifiques Luxembourg (French: Luxembourg Young Scientist Association)
- American Journal of Semitic Languages and Literature
Samples in periodicals archive:
Senate, Committee on the Judiciary, on her nomination to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States Date: June 2010 I have reviewed the draft statement that Elena Kagan has proposed submitting to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Written for young adults (ages 8-12), "Supreme Court Justices : Sonia Sotomayor" traces Sonia's life, achievements and accomplishments from her humble beginnings, living in a public housing project in New York City, to her attendance at Princeton University with scholarship, graduated summa cum Laud and went on to Yale Law School, eventually to her confirmation as Associate Justice of the Supreme Court on August 8, 2009.
On Tuesday, a Senate Judicieary Committee voted 13-6 in favor of Sotomayor to become an associate justice of the Supreme Court.
By Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, The Honorable John Paul Stevens Musical Selection, John Williams, composer/arranger Itzhak Perlman, Violin Yo-Yo Ma, Cello Gabriela Montero, Piano Anthony McGill, Clarinet Oath of Office Administered to President-elect Barack H.
Breyer is Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
How can one be critical of the first female associate justice of the Supreme Court with a clean record of dedicated service?
Prior to becoming an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States in July 1941, Robert Jackson was a leading lawyer in western New York State (1913-1933), the General Counsel of the Treasury Department's Bureau of Revenue (1934-1935), an Associate Attorney General in the Tax and Antitrust Divisions (1936-1937), Solicitor General of the United States (1938-1939), and Attorney General of the United States (1940-1941).