Second, as recipients of federal funds, hospices are subject to the Assisted Suicide Funding Restriction Act of 1997, which prohibits the use of federal funds for items and services related to suicide, euthanasia, or mercy killing.
What does ASFRA stand for?
ASFRA stands for Assisted Suicide Funding Restriction Act
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Association for Specialist Fire Protection (UK)
- Association of Specialist Fire Protection Contractors and Manufacturers (UK)
- Association of State Flood Plan Managers
- Association of State Floodplain Managers
- Action Sociale Formation Recherche (French: Social Action Research Training)
- African Soft Furred Rat
- Age-Specific Fertility Rate
- Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (US DHHS)
- Automated Substitute for Return
- Asian Shadow Financial Regulatory Committee
- Acoustic Sensor Functional Segment
- Advanced Swirl Flow Induction System (motorcycle engineering)
- American Suzuki Financial Services (automobile finance)
- Association for the Study of Food and Society
- Australian Society for French Studies
- Automated Shipboard Forecasting System
- American School Food Service Association
- All Stars Figure Skating Club (Singapore)
- American Street Financial Services Center (lending corporation; Philadelphia, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
References Assisted Suicide Funding Restriction Act of 1997, P.
The Assisted Suicide Funding Restriction Act (HR 1003), sponsored by Congressman Ralph Hall (D-Tx.