He served as a Gunnery Instructor for two years in the FA School and, in the 101st Division, as the Assistant Fire Support Coordinator and Brigade Fire Support Officer (FSO) in the Division Artillery and S3 and Battalion Executive Officer (XO) in 2-320 FA.
What does AFSCOORD stand for?
AFSCOORD stands for Assistant Fire Support Coordinator
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Association Française du Sans Contact Mobile (French association for contactless mobile services)
- American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees
- Air Force Satellite Control Network
- Air Force Satellite Control Network Common User Element
- Air Force Satellite Control Network Regulation
- Air Force Security Clearance Office
- Air Force Service Certifying Organization
- Area Field Security Coordinator
- Air Force Small Computer/Office Automation Service Organization
- Australian Food Safety Centre of Excellence
- Air Force Systems Command Pamphlet
- Air Force System Command Regulation
- Alliance for Stem Cell Research (California)
- Air Force Satellite Communications System
- Army Field Stock Control System
- American Fisheries Society Computer User Section (est. 1985)
- Active Scripting Fast Disable
- Air Force Supply Directive
- Assistant Federal Security Director
- Assume For the Sake of Discussion
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was a Brigade FSO and Battalion XO in 1-6 FA and Assistant Fire Support Coordinator, all in the 1st Infantry Division Artillery in Germany.
He was the Assistant Fire Support Coordinator (AFSCOORD) in the I Corps Fire Support Element (FSE) at Fort Lewis, Washington, and was attached to the 555th Combat Support Brigade as the Fire Support Officer (FSO) during the brigade's deployment to Iraq.
Among other assignments, he was the Executive Officer (XO) of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) Artillery at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, plus Division Assistant Fire Support Coordinator and XO of the 2d Battalion, 320th Field Artillery (2-320 FA), all in the 101st Division.
During the 101st Division's armed reconnaissance, the assistant fire support coordinator (AFSCOORD) coordinated directly with the air boss to keep CAS orbiting in close proximity to the target area while outside of the hazard area for ATACMS.
If we could use MLRS against the acquisition, we simultaneously contacted the assistant fire support coordinator (AFSCOORD) in the division TAC (DTAC) to clear the airspace of fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft along or on the launcher-target line.
Additionally, the division assistant fire support coordinator (AFSCOORD) worked out of a [C.
Other command and staff positions include serving as XO for the Forward Support Battalion, Assistant Fire Support Coordinator (AFSCOORD), Div Arty S2 and Commander of the Div Arty Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, all in the 40th Division.