Assistant Commanding Officer Blake Chow, who heads the department's counterterrorism and special operations bureau, said that officers will be keeping a close ear on intelligence buzz to develop immediate response plans accordingly.
What does ACO stand for?
ACO stands for Assistant Commanding Officer
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ACO
We have 183 other meanings of ACO in our Acronym Attic
- Animal Control Operations
- Ant Colony Optimization
- Architectural Conservancy of Ontario (Canada)
- Area Central Office (telecom)
- Area Compliance Officer
- Army Contracting Officer (US Army)
- Army Cryptologic Operations
- Arts Computing Office (University of Waterloo)
- Assembly and Checkout Officer (US NASA)
- Assistant Chief Officer (UK Probation Services)
- Assistant Contracts Officer
- Associate Contracting Officer
- Association Canadienne des Optométristes (Canadian Association of Optometrists)
- Association Canadienne des Orthodontistes (Canadian Association of Orthodontists)
- Association of Canadian Orchestras
- Association of Commissioned Officers
- Athlétic Club de l'Ondaine (French athletic club)
- Atlantic Classical Orchestra (Fort Pierce, FL)
- ATOMAL control officer (NATO)
- Atomic Coordinating Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
We're asking for the assistance of the community to locate a potential sexual predator in the area," Los Angeles police Commander Jorge Villegas, assistant commanding officer of Valley Bureau, said at a news conference.
Moran, Assistant Commanding Officer, Operations-Valley Bureau, will represent the LAPD, along with 10 officers who manage the Jeopardy Program on a full-time basis.
Chuck Mealy, the assistant commanding officer of the LAPD's Communications Division.
Handheld radios for each officer would be replaced over the following three years, costing between $18 million and $19 million, said Peter Di Carlo, assistant commanding officer of the LAPD's Information and Communication Services Bureau.
Daily News Mission's top cop gets a promotion Kirk Albanese, commanding officer of the LAPD's Mission Police Station, was promoted from captain to commander this week, and will leave the Mission station to become assistant commanding officer of the LAPD's West Bureau.
Mark Leap, the assistant commanding officer of the LAPD's counterterrorism bureau, will oversee the bureau until Chief William Bratton names a replacement.
Mark Leap, the assistant commanding officer of the agency's counterterrorism and criminal intelligence bureau, would not discuss specific sites but said his office was largely responsible for coming up with the list.