This week Cleveland Police's assistant chief officer Ann Hall was suspended over allegations of misuse of public funds.
What does ACO stand for?
ACO stands for Assistant Chief Officer (UK Probation Services)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACO
We have 183 other meanings of ACO in our Acronym Attic
- Animal Control Officer
- Animal Control Operations
- Ant Colony Optimization
- Architectural Conservancy of Ontario (Canada)
- Area Central Office (telecom)
- Area Compliance Officer
- Army Contracting Officer (US Army)
- Army Cryptologic Operations
- Arts Computing Office (University of Waterloo)
- Assembly and Checkout Officer (US NASA)
- Assistant Commanding Officer
- Assistant Contracts Officer
- Associate Contracting Officer
- Association Canadienne des Optométristes (Canadian Association of Optometrists)
- Association Canadienne des Orthodontistes (Canadian Association of Orthodontists)
- Association of Canadian Orchestras
- Association of Commissioned Officers
- Athlétic Club de l'Ondaine (French athletic club)
- Atlantic Classical Orchestra (Fort Pierce, FL)
- ATOMAL control officer (NATO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Assistant chief officer Ann Hall, who is responsible for finance and commissioning, is the subject of allegations that unauthorised payments were made to an executive coaching company.
Margaret Monckton, the assistant chief officer for resources at the force, said in her witness statement that Nottinghamshire Police had "monetary savings to be made in the region of PS42 million".
GMP Assistant Chief Officer Lynne Potts said: "This was very much an isolated incident.
Assistant Chief Officer David Goodhew said: "Any attack on a fire crew is deplorable and will not be tolerated.
Assistant Chief Officer, Mark Gough said: "Most of those who needed help were treated at the scene and were able to continue to enjoy the day, with only seven people needing to go to hospital.
Julia Rogers, assistant chief officer at Greater Manchester Police, added afterwards: "We felt we acted in the officer's best interests but accept the findings from this tribunal and have already updated the policies this relates to.
The plans will see the director of human resources and training, Phil Haynes, and director of legal services, administration and ICT, Sally Murton, become assistant chief officers (ACOs) from September 1.