Photo by Mohamed Omar) London's reluctance Since March 2011, the British Treasury's Asset Freezing Unit froze Egyptian assets estimated at Au85m.
What does AFU stand for?
AFU stands for Asset Freezing Unit (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AFU
We have 22 other meanings of AFU in our Acronym Attic
- All Fouled Up (polite form)
- alt.folklore.urban (newsgroup)
- American Families United
- Ammunition and Fire Unit
- Annual Follow-Up
- Approval for Use
- Archaeoglobus Fulgidus
- Archaeological Field Unit
- Archives for UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) Research (Sweden)
- Assault Fire Unit
- Assistance Au Freinage d'Urgence (French: mechanical brake assist)
- Association Foncière Urbaine (French: Urban Land Association)
- Association Française d'Urologie
- Association Fraternité Universelle (French: Universal Brotherhood Association)
- Associazione Ferrarese Universitaria (Italian: Ferrara University Association; Ferrara, Italy)
- Atelier Fabrication Usinage (French: Machine Manufacturing Workshop)
- Atlanta Fire United (soccer club; Georgia)
- Automatic Fill Up (drill pipe float valves in well drilling)
- Azad Fikir Universiteti (Azerbaijani: Free Thought University)
- Ammunition Fire Unit - Mission Fired Report
Samples in periodicals archive:
Frozen Assets In the UK, the Treasury's Asset Freezing Unit blocked around $134 million worth of assets linked to the Mubarak family and associates.
For its part, the British government's Asset Freezing Unit lists 129 proscribed individuals from Syria and 49 companies, all subject to EU sanctions.