The family's plea for action, both to prevent violence and to get closure for the families of the hundreds of missing and murdered Aboriginal women, was joined by Assembly of First Nations National Chief Shawn Atleo, who was in attendance, along with federal, provincial and municipal politicians.
What does AFN stand for?
AFN stands for Assembly of First Nations
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AFN
We have 106 other meanings of AFN in our Acronym Attic
- All For Naught
- All For Now (used at end of email)
- Alliance for Nature (Austria)
- Alternative Fuel News (publication; US Department of Energy)
- America's Fiber Network (LLC)
- American Forces Network
- American Forensic Nurses
- Ancestral File Number (FamilySearch genealogy records)
- Armed Forces Network
- Asociación Futuro de los Niños (Association for the Future of Children, Guatemala)
- Association Française de Nutrition (French: French Association of Nutrition)
- ATS Facilities Notification
- Australian Fishing Network (publisher)
- American Forces Network Broadcast Center
- Accordion Federation of North America (Fullerton, CA)
- Accounting for Non-Accountants (course)
- Al shifa Foundation North America
- American Fitness and Nutrition Academy (Santa Barbara, CA)
- American Foundation for Negro Affairs (Philadelphia, PA)
- Association Française de Naissance Aquatique
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dell is working in partnership with the Assembly of First Nations, Centre for Addictions and Mental Health and National Native Addictions Partnership Foundation.
Today marks an important shift in our relationship," said Assembly of First Nations National Chief Shawn A-in-chut Atleo in a statement.
Skov pointed out that prior to the June 2004 federal election the Assembly of First Nations national chief had encouraged Aboriginal people to come out and vote for the candidate they thought was best.
We are optimistic and have already partnered with the Assembly of First Nations to push the issue politically," Jones explains.
So, when I'm asked if I support Bill C-19, I found I could not do that within the Assembly of First Nations given the direction that was given to the national chief at Squamish.
Ken Young, vice-chief of the Assembly of First Nations, said in a letter to Ralph Goodale, the federal minister in charge of the issue: "Providing a resolution model that deals only with physical and sexual abuse cases as the sole legal solution.
`We want very much to be involved not in a struggle for power but in a mission to heal our country,' Ovide Mercredi, national Chief of the Assembly of First Nations, told the assembly.