California Attorney General John van de Kamp used a compliant set of news media, both local and national, to push through passage of the California Assault Weapons Control Act.
What does AWCA stand for?
AWCA stands for Assault Weapons Control Act (California)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AWCA
We have 7 other meanings of AWCA in our Acronym Attic
- Aviation Warfare Center
- Aviation Warfighting Cell
- Aviation Weather Center (US NOAA)
- Avon Williams Campus (Tennessee State University)
- Chief Aviation ASW (Naval Rating)
- Chief Aviation ASW Operator (Naval Rating)
- Aleutians West Census Area
- American Women's Club of Amsterdam (networking group)
- American Working Collie Association
- Arizona Wing Chun Association (Phoenix, AZ)
- Averaged Waves Classified by Amplitude (ergonomics)
- Anacostia Watershed Citizens Advisory Committee (Department of Health; Washington, DC)
- Airborne Weapons Corrective Action Program
- All Weather Close Air Support
- Alaska Workers' Compensation Board (Juneau, AK)
- Alberta Wall & Ceiling Bureau (Canada)
- American Women's Club of Brussels (Belgium)
- Associate of the Worshipful Company of Blacksmiths
- Association of Wildlife Clubs of Botswana
- Austrian Workers' Compensation Board (social insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Senate Bill 23, which was co-sponsored by Speaker Antonio Villaraigosa, D-Los Angeles, adds a ``generic'' definition to the Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989, broadening the scope of the gun control measure.
California's Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act has survived constitutional challenges.