The flotilla will get small-size missile ships Grad Sviyazhsk and Uglich by summer and three Serna amphibious assault ships by spring, the spokesman said in a statement on Saturday.
What does LPD stand for?
LPD stands for Assault Ship (Royal Navy ship designation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LPD
We have 170 other meanings of LPD in our Acronym Attic
- Longs Peak Credit Union (Loveland, CO)
- Li Po Chun United World College (Hong Kong)
- Laser Photocoagulation of Communicating Vessels
- Liquid Propane Crossover Valve
- Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Libertarian Party of Canada Voting Member
- Long Pulse Continuous Wave
- Lower Penns Creek Watershed Association
- Long Pointer to Const Wide String
- Amphibious Transport Dock (US Navy ship designation)
- Chief of the Logistics Planning Division (J4) (JCS)
- Lafayette Police Department (USA)
- Lake Placid (Amtrak station code; Lake Placid, NY)
- Lakewood Police Department (USA)
- Landing Platform Dock
- Landing Point Designator (US NASA)
- Landing Transport, Dock
- Lansing Police Department
- Laredo Police Department (Texas)
- Laser Phosphor Display (Prysm, Inc.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ONE of the Royal Navy's former aircraft carriers has been put through its paces for its new role as an amphibious assault ship.
A Chinese warship-based newspaper reported that five people familiar with the incident said it occurred in international waters shortly after India's amphibious assault ship INS Airavat confirmed contact was made with its ship, but rejected the suggestion of a "confrontation".
But with the introduction of their newest amphibious assault ship in 2013, Marines will be able to reach the shore only by air.
The 320-strong crew sailed their Royal Navy assault ship up the river yesterday eager to begin a break in their favourite city.
In an historic event, Sailors aboard amphibious assault ship USS Tarawa (LHA 1) participated in a welldeck operation with the Improved Navy Lighterage System (INLS), or floating dock, recently.
Marine Corps UH-1N Huey helicopter to its parking space on the flight deck of the amphibious assault ship USS Peleliu (LHA-5).
A lack of wind envelope data restricted the Sea Stallion's use on multipurpose amphibious assault ships.