The community is a 15-minute car ride to Assateague Island National Seashore.
What does ASIS stand for?
ASIS stands for Assateague Island National Seashore (US National Park Service)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ASIS
We have 68 other meanings of ASIS in our Acronym Attic
- All Source Intelligence System
- Alliance for a Sustainable Information Society
- American Society for Industrial Security
- American Society for Information Science
- Amphibious Support Information System
- Anterior Superior Iliac Spine (anatomy)
- Anti Submarine Information System
- Anti-Smuggling Information System
- Army Surveillance Information System
- Aromatic Solvent-Induced Shift
- Association for Structural Improvement of the Shipbuilding Industry
- Asynchronous Signatured Instruction Stream
- Australian Secret Intelligence Service
- Auxiliary Ships' Information System
- Axial Scientific Instrument Simulator
- Air Staff Information Systems Plan
- A Structured Addictions Assessment Interview for Selecting Treatment
- Abra State Institute of Sciences and Technology (Philippines)
- Acquiring Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Actively Seeking Independence Support Team (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another kind of feral equine, popularized by yet another childhood book, roams Assateague Island National Seashore, established to preserve a 37-mile-long crescent of sandy barrier island off the shores of Virginia and Maryland.
95, 60 minutes) introduces the state's many eclectic and fun features ranging from Annapolis, the Woodwind Schooners, and PRS Guitars, to America's first sailing school, Ocean City, Assateague Island National Seashore, Blue Crabbing, the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in Crisfield, and so many more fun locations.
The main reservation number, (800) 365-2267, handles these camping areas: Blackwoods, Acadia, Maine; oceanside drive-ins and tent walk-ins, Bayside, Assateague Island National Seashore, Md.
Assateague Island National Seashore, Maryland: Through the Assateague Adventure Academy, local elementary and middle school students will be exposed to hands-on science and technology learning in the park's natural classroom in summer programs and after-school programs during the school year.
Millions of tons of such sediment have been deposited at Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Assateague Island National Seashore, and other coastal parks, a procedure called beach nourishment or sand replenishment.
The dozen parks covered in the Coalition's survey include: Assateague Island National Seashore (MD and VA); Death Valley National Park (CA); Devil's Tower National Monument (WY); Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park (VA); Gettysburg National Military Park (PA); Great Smokey Mountains National Park (TN and NC); Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area (WA); Mount Rainier National Park (WA); Olympic National Park (WA); Rocky Mountain National Park (CO); Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument (NM); and the western Pennsylvania parks (PA).
The National Park Service (NPS) Northeast Region, the Maryland Departments of Natural Resources (MDNR) and Agriculture (MDA), The Nature Conservancy, and the FWS teamed up to plant seabeach amaranth on the beaches of Assateague Island National Seashore in 2000.