Tall Oaks' eight miles of collective pavement were recently topped and completed with a green road mixture that includes recycled asphalt roofing shingles ground up from old roofs.
What does ARS stand for?
ARS stands for Asphalt Roofing Shingles
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ARS
We have 537 other meanings of ARS in our Acronym Attic
- Arkansas Southern Railroad
- Arm Rest Switch
- Armenian Relief Society (Watertown, Massachusetts)
- Army Reserve Sustainment
- Arterial Road System (St. Louis, MO)
- Artists Rights Society
- As Required for Subject Assembly
- Aseguradoras del Régimen Subsidiado (Colombia)
- Asil Residential Services, Inc.
- Association pour la Recherche sur la Sclérose Latérale Amyotrophique
- Atelier de Recherche Sociologique (French: Sociological Research Workshop)
- Atlanta Rhythm Section (band)
- Atmospheric Revitalization System
- Atomic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Attack Radar Set
- Attendance Recording System (software; various companies)
- Attenuating Restraint Systems
- Attitude Reference System
- Attorney Referral Service (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The large amount of discarded asphalt roofing shingles were difficult to recycle on the renovation project, according to the report.
Byline: Christian Wihtol The Register-Guard The state has issued a consumer alert to the public stressing that landscaping mulch made from asphalt roofing shingles may be toxic, and recommending how to dispose of the material.
It operates as both a roof and solar product, and is installed directly onto the roof deck along with standard asphalt roofing shingles.
Glass mats are a key component in the manufacturing of asphalt roofing shingles, glass-faced wallboard, and many specialty applications.
Because these market opportunities exist in the state, the resolution asks DNR to not only assist those wanting to start shingle recycling plants, but to educate local governments and the Missouri citizenry on the benefits of using recycled asphalt roofing shingles compared to current landfill disposal practices and to review all permit applications and facility operating needs in a "timely and expeditious manner.
Because these market opportunities exist in the state, the resolution asks DNR to assist those wanting to start shingle recycling plants and to educate local governments and the citizenry on the benefits of using recycled asphalt roofing shingles, as well as to review all permit applications and facility operating needs in a "timely and expeditious manner.
Driven by an increasing demand for its highly popular Landmark(TM) Series line of laminated asphalt roofing shingles in the Eastern United States, CertainTeed Corporation today announced plans for a multi-million dollar expansion of its Oxford, North Carolina roofing manufacturing facility.