For example, Myriad owns BRCA1 and BRCA2, and the Miami Children's Hospital Research Institute owns the gene causing aspartoacylase deficiency, or Canavan disease.
What does ASPA stand for?
ASPA stands for Aspartoacylase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ASPA
We have 72 other meanings of ASPA in our Acronym Attic
- Antarctic Specially Protected Area
- Aotearoa Student Press Association (New Zealand)
- Arizona Staffing Professionals Association
- Arizona State Physicians Association
- Arkansas Scholastic Press Association
- Arkansas School Psychology Association
- Arkansas Society of Public Accountants (Newport, AR)
- Arkansas State Police Association
- Armed Services Procurement Act
- Asociación Sindical de Pilotos de Aviación
- Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs
- Associate of the Society of Practising Accountants (UK)
- Associated Students Performing Arts
- Association of Schools of Public Affairs
- Association of Singapore Patent Agents
- Association of Specialized and Professional Accreditors
- Australian Scrabble Players Association
- Australian Secondary Principals Association
- Australian Ski Patrol Association
- Australian Software Publishers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Matalon cloned the aspartoacylase (145) gene and identified two mutations in the gene present in nearly all patients with CD.
Although the specific enzyme was unknown at the time, each affected baby is born with a missing enzyme, aspartoacylase.
In 1988, his group found excessively large amounts of NAA in the brains of Canavan's patients and identified aspartoacylase deficiency as the possible cause of the disease.