In 1992, the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, AFL-CIO, was formed as a national organization to work with Asian Pacific American workers, many of them immigrants, to build the labor movement and address exploitative conditions in the garment, electronics, hotel and restaurant, food processing, and healthcare industries (see Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance at www.
What does APALA stand for?
APALA stands for Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of APALA
We have 2 other meanings of APALA in our Acronym Attic
- Association pour Adultes et Jeunes Handicapés
- Angka Partisipasi Angkatan Kerja (Indonesian: Labor Force Participation Figures; statistics)
- Annals of Pure and Applied Logic (journal)
- Apple and Pear Australia Limited (trade association)
- Array Processor Assembly Language
- As Per Attached List
- Asociación Psiquiátrica de América Latina (Psychiatric Association of Latin America)
- Australia Pacific Airports Launceston (Launceston, Tasmania, Australia)
- Advertising Production Association of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Anthropology, Physical Anthropology, Linguistics and Archaeology Conference
- Asian Pacific American Librarians Association (est. 1980)
- Atlantic Provinces Association of Landscape Architects (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Asian Pacific American Legal Center
- Asian Pacific American Leadership Institute
- Asian Pacific American Law Journal
- Asian Pacific American Legal Resource Center
- Autonomous Precision Approach and Landing System (aeronautics)
- Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- Andhra Pradesh Agricultural Labour Union (India)
- Agricultural Input & Output Price Indices Monthly (Ireland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Constituency groups like the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance also recruit organizers of color and build alliances with local API communities on civil rights and immigration issues.
and co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Las Vegas Valley and the National Association of Women Business Owners of Southern Nevada, in partnership with members of AARP Nevada, the American Association of University Women, the Asian Chamber of Commerce, the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, the Caucus of African American Nevadans, Hispanics in Politics, Impacto, Junior League, Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, National Association of Professional Mortgage Women, Nevada Development Authority, National Organization for Women, Nevada Women's Lobby, Organization for Women Lawyers, Sin City Chamber of Commerce, Women's Chamber of Commerce, the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and the Urban Chamber of Commerce.