The Census Bureau must do everything it can to ensure that everyone is counted and that communities know that their information is confidential and cannot be used in any lawsuit or administrative proceeding against the individual who participates," said Glenn Magpantay, Director, Democracy Program, Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund.
What does AALDEF stand for?
AALDEF stands for Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Atlantic Avenue Local Development Corporation (Brooklyn, NY)
- Asian-African Legal Consultative Organization (India)
- African American Literature and Culture Society
- Amphibious Assault Landing Craft
- Activation-Associated Lymphocyte Death
- Advanced Aviation Logistics Division
- Atlantic Association of Landscape Designers (Canada)
- Australian American Leadership Dialogue (Toorak, Victoria, Australia)
- Australian Army Legal Department
- Avian Aviation Taskforce Leader (US Coast Guard)
- Asian American Legal Defense Fund
- Association of Agricultural Librarians and Documentalists of India
- African American Leadership Development Program (Rochester, NY)
- American Academy for Liberal Education
- Asian American Law Enforcement Association
- Asian-American Leadership, Empowerment and Development for Youth and Family
- American Leadership and Educational Conference
- Alabama Association of Licensed Early Care and Education
- Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire Local Economic Forum (UK)
- Association of Accredited Lobbyists to the European Parliament
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Asian American legal defense and Education Fund will release the results of an exit poll of Asian American voters during the November 2006 midterm elections at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, 666 Fifth Avenue at 53rd Street.
Though still stuck in national security rhetoric, the impact of these initiatives are no longer September 11-related in the way you and I think they are which is impacting South Asians, Arabs, Muslims," said Sin Yen Ling, an attorney at Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund who has represented pro bono hundreds of detainees.
The small sample of Asian Americans is disconcerting," said Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF) staff attorney Glenn D.
And Street Beat's $75 million "SLAPP" (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) suit against workers, CSWA, the National Mobilization Against Sweatshops, and the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund was dismissed.
Liu, will be honored by the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF) at its annual Lunar New Year Gala in New York City tonight.
Fong, the company's executive vice president and chief legal officer, will be honored by the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF) for his contributions to promoting social justice and diversity and for outstanding personal and professional achievements as one of the most influential Asian American lawyers in the United States.
Official Census Bureau Enumerators Will Be on Hand to Get People Counted MEDIA ADVISORY The Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF), Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund (PRLDEF), and NYC Black Advisory Committee on Census 2000 (NYC BLAC), along with AXA Hearts in Action, AXA Advisors' corporate volunteerism program, and other community-based organizations, will be canvassing the multi-ethnic neighborhoods of Elmhurst and Jackson Heights, Queens, as a final effort to encourage every resident participates in the census.