Its delegation has told the Codex committee on contaminants and food additives "maximum levels should be set as low as reasonably achievable and that data available [has] shown that lower levels were actually achievable.
What does ALARA stand for?
ALARA stands for As Low As Reasonably Achievable
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of ALARA
We have 10 other meanings of ALARA in our Acronym Attic
- Annie L. Awbrey Public Library (Roanoke, AL)
- Association of Local Air Pollution Control Officers
- Alberta Local Authorities Pension Plan (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Aboriginal Literacy and Parenting Skills (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Armstrong Laboratory Aviation Personality Survey (US Air Force)
- Alabama Physical Therapy Association (Birmingham, Alabama)
- Airport Local Air Quality Studies
- Approach and Landing Accident Reduction
- Action Learning Action Research Association (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)
- As Late As Reasonably Achievable
- Australian Ladies Amateur Radio Association (est. 1975)
- All Army Activities
- Action Learning and Research Cluster (UK)
- Active Life and Running Club (Minnesota)
- American Lung Association Running Club (est. 1981)
- Arid Land Agricultural Research Center (USDA)
- Advanced Learning and Research Institute (University of Lugano, Switzerland)
- American Lung Association of Rhode Island (Providence, RI)
- Advanced Low Altitude Radar Model
- Air-Launched Anti-Radar Missile
Samples in periodicals archive:
While the water could have been released without filtering and still have been clean enough to meet discharge requirements, plant personnel have been filtering it for about two weeks in line with Fermi 2's policy of limiting releases of radioactivity in any form to levels as low as reasonably achievable.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a notice to hospitals nationwide emphasizing the importance of keeping radiation doses during CT procedures as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA), especially for children.
Extensive programs have been established to dismantle each structure in a safe and controlled manner to maintain worker exposure as low as reasonably achievable and without disruption to neighboring operations.