This year's Addis festival included a French jazz group from Toulouse, Les Tigres des Platanes, whose repertoire covers Fela Kuti, the Art Ensemble of Chicago and assorted Ethiopian tracks.
What does AEoC stand for?
AEoC stands for Art Ensemble of Chicago
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AEoC
We have 4 other meanings of AEoC in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Exhibition Organisers
- Atomic Energy Organization
- Authorised Economic Operator (EU)
- Authorised Economic Operator Scheme-Guatemala (trade)
- Adult Education Officers' Association (Ireland)
- Aortic Effective Orifice Area
- Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency, Inc.
- Australian Employee Ownership Association (est. 1986; Australia)
- Advanced Epithelial Ovarian Cancer
- Aphis Emergency Operations Center (USDA)
- Analysis and Evaluation of Operational Data
- Allied Explosive Ordnance Disposal Publication
- Automated Explosive Ordnance Disposal Publications System
- Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (California)
- Association of Educational Office Employees
- Association of Educational Office Employees of the Los Angeles Unified School District (Los Angeles, CA)
- Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Education Association (trade association; various locations)
- African Educational Opportunities Foundation (Melrose, MA)
- Alternate Emergency Operations Facility
- American Epilepsy Outreach Foundation (Chicago, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I doubt if we'll be hearing much Art Ensemble of Chicago or Dave Douglas, but then there's Radio 3 for that.
He applies chaos theory to their music, as well as to that by the Art Ensemble of Chicago, Peter Brotzmann's group, and Derek Bailey, followed by discussions of theories about learning and cognition, sync, swarm intelligence, and network theory in terms of music.
The Art Ensemble of Chicago are making one of their very rare visits to Scotland.
Mitchell, who began his career in the 1960s in Chicago, is a founding member of the world-renowned Art Ensemble of Chicago, the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians, and the Trio Space.
This time last year, Art Ensemble of Chicago saxist Roscoe Mitchell released Composition/Improvisation Nos 1, 2 & 3, with this same 14-piece improvisers' band, the Transatlantic Art Ensemble.
HHHHH Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Selected Recordings (ECM:rarum) The wild Chicago-based quintet appeared an odd, and very refreshing, signing to the German label.
Lord High Fixers In a dream, Curtis Mayfield and Phil Ochs turned the Art Ensemble of Chicago into protest punk, and the LHF were born.