The project aims to increase the yield per acre from the current 7,000-8,000 pounds of arrowroot rhizome to 15,000 pounds to the acre, and provide additional produce from which farmers could derive additional income, says Harold Fraser, general manager of the local Arrowroot Industry Association.
What does AIA stand for?
AIA stands for Arrowroot Industry Association
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AIA
We have 426 other meanings of AIA in our Acronym Attic
- Appreciative Inquiry Approach
- Appropriations in Aid (Kenya)
- Archaeological Institute of America
- Architectes Ingénieurs Associés (French architecture and engineering firm)
- Áreas Importante para Aves (Spanish: Important Bird Areas; bird conservation; various locations)
- Argon Inlet Assembly (reactor vessel preheating)
- Arizona Interscholastic Association
- Army Information Architecture
- Army Intelligence Agency
- Army International Activities
- Art Institute of Atlanta
- Artificial Intelligence Application
- Artists International Association
- Asarums Industri AB (Swedish technology company)
- Asbestos Information Association
- ASEAN Investment Area
- Asian International Association
- Asians in America
- Asnières Industries Adaptées (French disability accommodation group)
- Asphalt Industry Alliance (Mineral Products Association and Refined Bitumen Association; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
From a significant export crop in the 1960s, the industry went into decline due to industrial competition from alternatives to the starch; Efforts to revive the industry resulted in cultivation moving from about 50 acres to 360 acres, but the Arrowroot Industry Association has called for more expansion, modernization of the processing plant and privatization of the industry, whose EC$16 million (US$6 million) bank overdraft was converted by government in 1996 to a long-term loan.