Other indicators of excellence: Includes, but is not limited to, battery Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) average, retention rate, deployment readiness, combat/deployment accomplishment, innovation, etc.
What does APFT stand for?
APFT stands for Army Physical Fitness Test
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 2 other meanings of APFT in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Provincial Football Supporters' Clubs in London
- Armor-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot
- Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot with Tracer
- Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Depleted Uranium
- Armor Piercing, Fin Stabilized, Discarding Sabot, Depleted Uranium - Tracer (munition)
- Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Depleted Uranium (gaming)
- Armor-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Depleted Uranium Discarding Sabot
- Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory (India)
- Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice (Ohio)
- Asian Pacific Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand
- American Patriots For True Equality
- Advocate of Philippine Fair Trade Inc. (est. 1994)
- Association of Partners for Fair Trade Inc
- Army Physical Fitness Test - Modified
- Association des Producteurs de Films et de Télévision du Québec (Canada)
- Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform
- Association of Professional Flight Training Schools
- All Pakistan Federation of Trade Unions
- Army Physical Fitness Uniform (US Army)
- Atoms Per Formula Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Soldiers' Army Physical Fitness Test scores are testament to the effort and hard work put in by the trainees during daily physical training.
Robert Hoskins, chief training manager at the Army Physical Fitness School, said the current Army Physical Fitness Test, which was developed in the 1980s, is outdated.
you prepared for attendance at professional development courses by stepping up your fitness game so that you would perform well on the Army physical fitness test (APFT) and meet body fat standards?
The Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT), taken twice a year in an active duty population, consists of three events: extended-leg push-ups, bent-knee sit-ups, and a timed 2-mile run.
Points are earned in various ways such as completing military correspondence courses, performing well on the Army Physical Fitness Test, taking college classes, and by volunteering for extra tasks.
The mean score of the Army Physical Fitness Test was 282.
Murphy, who trained at Fort Lee in Virginia, was awarded the Bulldog Leadership Award, two Army Achievement Medals for personal initiative, and scored a 290 out of a possible 300 on the Army Physical Fitness Test.