A few weeks later Helena had the visit a soldier's mother dreads as Army liaison officers broke the news of his death.
What does ALO stand for?
ALO stands for Army Liaison Officer (US Army)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ALO
We have 78 other meanings of ALO in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance for a Living Ocean
- Allied Liaison Office(r)
- Alpha Laser Optimization
- Andrew Loog Oldham (former Rolling Stones manager)
- Animal Liberation Orchestra (band)
- Apraxia of Eyelid Opening (motor abnormality)
- Arab Labour Organization
- Architect Liaison Officer (UK)
- Army Learning Object
- Artillery Liaison Officer
- Assembly Line Order (Northrop Grumman)
- Assessing Learning Outcomes (various organizations)
- At Least Once
- Atlanta Lawyers' Orchestra (Atlanta, GA)
- Audit Liaison Officer
- Austin Lyric Opera (Texas)
- Austrian Literature Online (database)
- Authorized Level Of Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
A few weeks later Helena had the knock at the door a soldier's mother dreads and Army liaison officers broke the news of his death.
No one was hurt and, according to army liaison officer Moshe Hillman, Bernadotte was proud of the bullet hole and showed Hillman the UN flag that had saved him.
He said that they were to meet Dr Reid, but also have a video link with the British Army liaison officer working with the central criminal court in Iraq.
The chief Israeli army liaison officer in Bethlehem, Lt Col Moshe Madar, indicated that the Israeli pullback was only temporary.
Detectives - working with an Army liaison officer from the Special Investigation Branch - say they were kept in the dark.
His career included a range of operational, political and staff assignments, including Commander of the Eighth Army in Korea, Chief of Staff of the United Nations Command in Korea, Executive Officer to the Secretary of the Army and Army liaison officer to the U.
And a Lebanese army liaison officer was saying, "I hear the voice of death.