The 46-year-old father-of-two, who met his wife, Alison, in the Army, took a business degree and then ran various textile and aerospace companies before being head-hunted in 2001 to become Chief Executive and Director General of the Army Base Repair Organisation (ABRO), reporting to Adam Ingram, Minister for the Armed Forces.
What does ABRO stand for?
ABRO stands for Army Base Repair Organisation
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ABRO
We have 3 other meanings of ABRO in our Acronym Attic
- American Baptist Risk Management, Inc.
- Anterior Byssus Retractor Muscle
- Auditory Backward Recognition Masking
- Alvan Bolster Ricker Memorial Library and Community House (Poland, ME)
- All Breed Rescue Network (Colorado)
- Automotive Body Repair News
- Adoptive Brother
- Aircraft Base Radio Operator
- American Belarussian Relief Organization (Zebulon, NC)
- Animal Breeding Research Organisation (UK)
- Administrative Burdens Reduction Project (UK)
- Agriculture-Based Bioremediation Program
- Agrius Bombyxin-Related Peptide
- American Board of Rehabilitation Psychology
- American Building Restoration Products, Inc. (Franklin, WI)
- Auto Body Repair Painting
- Aquatic Bioinvasion Research and Policy Institute (Portland State University; Oregon)
- Ashton Biodiversity Research and Preservation Institute (est. 1988; Florida)
- As Built Reverification Record
- Academic and Billing Reporting System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The site, run by the Army Base Repair Organisation (ABRO), repairs and maintain vehicles including Challenger II tanks and Warrior armoured vehicles, as well as radios and other equipment.
The arrested official, a former military officer, works as a logistics boss for the MoD's Army Base Repair Organisation.
Rhondda's Labour MP Chris Bryant said the firm's collaboration with the Army Base Repair Organisation was good news.
That economy is already under stress following the closure of MG Rover and substantial redundancies scheduled to take place at the Army Base Repair Organisation in Donnington.
It is part of the Army Base Repair Organisation (ABRO).
The Telford-based company has been visited by Ministry of Defence Police investigating whether the company may inadvertently have bought spare parts stolen from the MoD's Army Base Repair Organisation store at Donnington, near Telford, and then sold back by a third party into the legal supply chain.