Rives initiated the Army Amateur Radio System in 1925.
What does AARS stand for?
AARS stands for Army Amateur Radio System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AARS
We have 33 other meanings of AARS in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Airborne Radiac Systems
- Advanced Aircraft Recovery System (US Navy)
- Affordable Apache Rotor System (attack helicopter system redesign)
- After Action Review System
- Air Force Rescue & Recovery Service
- Alabama Association of Rescue Squads, Inc.
- All-America Rose Selections
- American Association of Riding Schools
- Ammunition Asset Reporting System
- Appeals Account Resolution Specialist (US IRS)
- Asian Association on Remote Sensing (Japan)
- Automated Account Request System (router network)
- Automated Accounting and Reporting System (gambling; Montana)
- Automated Aircraft Reporting System
- African Association of Remote Sensing of the Environment
- American Association for the Rhetoric of Science and Technology
- American Association of Radon Scientists and Technicians (Fletcher, NC)
- Alberta Association of Registered Social Workers (Canada)
- Aggregate Average Response Time
- Airborne Avionics Research Testbed
Samples in periodicals archive:
It evolved from the Army Amateur Radio System, which served a similar role from 1925 through to the start of World War II.