Lane County's low officer-to-resident ratio helped the sheriff's office obtain a REVA-brand armored personnel vehicle with twin turret hatches two years ago.
What does APV stand for?
APV stands for Armored Personnel Vehicle
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of APV
We have 111 other meanings of APV in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance for Progressive Values (Richmond, VA)
- Ambulatory Procedure Visit
- Animal Protection Voters
- Anomalous Pulmonary Vein
- Anti-Pop Videos
- Approach (Procedure) with Vertical Guidance (aviation)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Pharmazeutische Verfahrenstechnik
- Arithmetic Progression Vector
- Armored Passenger Vehicle (noncombat passenger protection)
- Armored Patrol Vehicle
- Association de la Presse du Vin (French: Wine Press Association)
- Association des Professeurs de Vente (French: Association of Sales Professors)
- Automatic Program Verification (symposium)
- Autostart and Process Viewer (freeware)
- Average Peak Velocity
- Avian Pneumovirus
- Amicale des Passionnés de Véhicules Anciens (French vintage vehicle association)
- Amicale des Propriétaires de Véhicules Anciens (French: Friendly Owners of Vintage Vehicles)
- Aplinkos Projektu Valdymo Agentura (Lithuanian: Environmental Project Management Agency; Vilnius, Lithuania)
- Asia-Pacific Venues Alliance (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
French tanks and several armored personnel vehicles were seen crossing Abidjan bridges formerly held by forces loyal to Gbagbo.
Tanks and armored personnel vehicles cannot access this area because of the small stream, therefore, the Thai troops might want to make it ready for quick access,'' he suggested.
Army for the conversion of 126 M113A1 armored personnel vehicles to the M113A2Mk1 configuration for the Jordanian Armed Forces (JAF).
Military sources at the border said the situation is quite tense as both sides have reinforced their positions with more troops and weapons, including tanks and armored personnel vehicles, since the weekend.
Saint-Gobain's ability to reduce the weight and thickness of a ballistic glass system can provide direct benefits in a wide variety of armor applications, including government and military programs such as tactical vehicles, armored personnel vehicles, maritime blast protection and helicopter platforms," says Rioux.
The buses Friday had to weave their way around smashed traffic lights, debris on the street, armored personnel vehicles and patrolling soldiers.
for Canada's newest reconnaissance and armored personnel vehicles under the contract that extends through December 1999.