A total of 14 new armored infantry vehicles (VBCI) NAQOURA: The French battalion operating as part of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) kicked off on Friday a phased replacement of its tracked Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs) with modern wheeled versions that will reduce noise and be softer on the roads of south Lebanon.
What does AIV stand for?
AIV stands for Armored Infantry Vehicle
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AIV
We have 42 other meanings of AIV in our Acronym Attic
- Afrique in Visu (photography)
- Aggregate Impact Value (engineering)
- Alternative Inter VLC
- Alternative Investment Vehicle
- Aluminum-Intensive Vehicle
- Amazon Instant Video
- Année Internationale des Volontaires (French)
- Application Industrielle du Vide (French: Industrial Vacuum Application)
- Approches Interdisciplinaires du Vivant (French: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Life)
- Architecten-en Ingenieursbureau Vanacker (Dutch: Architects and Engineers Vanacker; Belgium)
- Association de l'Ingénierie du Vent (French: Association of Wind Engineering)
- Associazione Italiana del Vuoto (Italian Vacuum Association)
- Associazione Italiana di Vulcanologia (Italian Association of Volcanology)
- Average Impact Value (transportation science)
- Avian Influenza Virus
- Aviation Impact Variable
- Avionics Integrated Verification
- Aerial Images and Video Adventures (Canada)
- American Indian Veterans Association (Fresno, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
announces that one of its long term customers, the Belgian government, has selected the PIRAHNA IIIC 8x8 light armored vehicle, produced by MOWAG GmbH, a part of General Dynamics European Land Combat Systems, for its Armored Infantry Vehicle (AIV) program.
One of TARDEC's contractors, United Defense LP, has installed a number of prototype survivability devices on a Bradley armored infantry vehicle.