Commencing with the 1946 passage of the McMahon Act, which wrapped up the Manhattan Project and the Manhattan Engineering District to establish a civilian Atomic Energy Commission, the history covers the Armed Forces Special Weapons Project from 1947 to 1959, the Defense Atomic Support Agency from 1959 to 1971, the Defense Nuclear Agency from 1971 to 1996, and the Defense Special Weapons Agency from 1996 to 1998, which became a component of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency in 1998.
What does AFSWP stand for?
AFSWP stands for Armed Forces Special Weapons Project (US DoD; 1947-55)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFSWP
- American Football Schiedsrichter Vereinigung (German: American Football Referees Association)
- Armour Fire Support Vehicle (Italian military equipment)
- Air Force Services Agency
- American Football Schiedsrichter Vereinigung Deutschland (German: American Football Referees Association of Germany)
- Air Force Super-Computer Wide Area Network
- Air Force Service Watch Cell
- Air Force Space Warfare Center
- Air Force Special Weapons Center
- Air Force Software Facility (USAF)
- Air Force Special Weapons Project
- Air Force Station Yelahanka (Indian Air Force)
- Asthma Free School Zone (New York, NY)
- A Forgotten Tragedy (alternative band)
- Abbreviated Functional Test
- About Freaking Time (polite form)
- Accelerated Failure Time
- Accounting, Finance and Taxation (various locations)
- Accueil Familial Thérapeutique (French: Home Family Therapy)
- Active File Table
- Adaptive Fault Tolerance (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Army in Europe, where he was wounded in the Battle of the Bulge; as an engineer with the Armed Forces Special Weapons Project involved in operational employment of atomic weapons; as an aide-de-camp to General Wedemeyer during the latter's term as commander of the Sixth U.