Hughes is also co-founder and president of Friends of the Soldiers Home, a non-profit serving veterans of the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Washington, and a member of the National Press Club Journalism Institute board.
What does AFRH stand for?
AFRH stands for Armed Forces Retirement Home (Washington, DC, USA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of AFRH in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Fuel Recycle Facility
- AIM Floating Rate Fund (Invesco Aim Management Group, Inc.; Houston, TX)
- Alex Fraser Research Forest (University of British Columbia; Canada)
- Applicable Financial Reporting Framework
- Aviation Fuel Receiving Facility (Hong Kong)
- Addiction and Family Research Group (North Carolina)
- American Financial Resource Group (est. 1995)
- American Frontier Reenactment Guild (Paola, KS)
- Association Française de Recherche Génétique
- Australian Fusion Research Group (Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering)
- Adolescent Friendly Reproductive Health Services (Uganda)
- Acute Febrile Respiratory Illness
- Air Force Research Institute (Montgomery, AL)
- American Fund Raising Institute, Inc.
- Annuaire Français de Relations Internationales (French: French Directory of International Relations)
- Approved Force Retention Increment
- Arid Forest Research Institute (India)
- Armed Forces Reunions, Inc. (est. 1988; Norfolk, VA)
- Action for Resisting Invasion, Colonialism and Apartheid
- Asbestos Fiber Regular Informal Counting Arrangement
Samples in periodicals archive:
Castle said after she passed, he was at a loss what to do with his life, so about a year later, he rejoined the armed forces, except this time it was as a resident at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Washington D.
Many of his projects include the highest profile construction in the Washington, DC area including the Armed Forces Retirement Home, the ICC/Customs Complex at Federal Triangle, and the Eisenhower Memorial Project.
Many find quarters and camaraderie at the Armed Forces Retirement Home (AFRH), and have since the 19th century.
Armed Forces Retirement Home (AFRH)--a home for heroes.
Lacy, chairman of the Armed Forces Retirement Home Board, requesting a meeting to discuss making arrangements for the sale of the land.
It's a classic case of somebody coveting thy neighbor's goods," said Laurence Branch, co-chairman of the Armed Forces Retirement Home Board, which oversees the Soldiers' Home.
Armed Forces at multiple facilities serving veterans, including Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (Washington, DC); Armed Forces Retirement Home (Gulfport, MS); Veterans in Partnership (VISN) 11 Healthcare Network (Ann Arbor, MI); Miami VA Healthcare System (Miami, FL); VA Southwest Health Care Network (Mesa, AZ); Chalmers P.