Now the 67-year-old and other members of the Armed Forces Pension Group are fighting for the money they say they were denied when the qualifying rules were changed in 1975.
What does AFPG stand for?
AFPG stands for Armed Forces Pension Group (advocacy group; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AFPG
We have 2 other meanings of AFPG in our Acronym Attic
- Americans for Prosperity Foundation (Washington, DC)
- Association Française des Professeurs de Français (French: French Association of French Professors)
- Association Française pour la Production Fourragère (French)
- Atlantic Fisheries Policy Framework (Canada)
- Australian Federal Police Force
- Association pour la Formation Professionnelle Française à l'Etranger (French vocational training association)
- Anti Fascist People Freedom League
- Air Force Planning Guidance
- Air Force Planning Guide (USAF)
- American Fire Protection Group (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Assured Forwarding PHB (Per-Hop-Behavior) Group (Internet protocol)
- Australian Flora and Protea Growers Association
- Alpha Fetoprotein-Producing Gastric Cancer
- Armed Forces Post-Graduate Medical Institute (Rawalpindi, Pakistan)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- Australian Financial Planning Handbook
- Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine (New Zealand Office)
- Affordable Financing of Public Infrastructure Program
- Air Force Part Identification
- Air Force Procurement Instruction (obsolete; now AFFARS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
RE reader Rozanne Petri's letter about the treatment of ex-servicemen and women who are now senior citizens, I'd like her to be made aware of the Armed Forces Pension Group.
David Langham, campaign director of the Armed Forces Pension Group (AFPG), said: "At that time, you weren't allowed to have a private pension either, so people got nothing.
Representatives of the Armed Forces Pension Group will meet veterans' minister Derek Twigg at the MoDin London on Wednesday to ask the government to listen to its veterans.
Now veterans from all three services have joined forces and formed the Armed Forces Pension Group (AFPG) to press for proper recognition and equal treatment with their peers.