Arkose is bidding to win this and I think he has a good chance of landing it in the qualifier for the Pertemps Network Handicap Hurdle.
What does ARKS stand for?
ARKS stands for Arkose (lithological term)
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of ARKS
We have 2 other meanings of ARKS in our Acronym Attic
- Admin Report Kit for Internet Information Server
- Abdul Rahman Kanoo International School (Bahrain)
- Architecture Recovery Knowledge Information System
- Architecture Using RAM (Random Access Memory) for Key Loading
- Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas
- Arkansas Musician's Resource (website)
- Alle Ramen Kunnen Open
- Amarillo Radio Kontrol Society (Texas)
- Animal Record Keeping System (computer program)
- Anti-Pregnant Rat Kidney Serum
- Association of Racing Kart Schools (Grays, England, UK)
- Admin Report Kit for SharePoint (configuration and usage reporting tool)
- Arkansas Society for Technology in Education
- Admin Report Kit for Windows Enterprise (Microsoft)
- Above Rail Level (railway clearance measurement)
- Acceptable Reinvestment Level
- Acceptable Reliability Level
- Acceptable Residual Level
- Acceptable Risk Level
- Acceptance Reliability Level
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lithotypes within the lower and upper volcanic assemblages are similar, except for the presence in the lower assemblage of basal conglomerate and arkose (Lynch 1991).
A shallow-water to subaerial sequence of amgydaloidal mafic volcanic rocks interbedded with red arkose and mudstone, and minor felsic volcanic rocks exposed on Wood Island are also included in the Long Pond Bay Formation but their relationship to the deeper water sequence exposed along Long Pond Bay is not known (Fyffe and Grant 2001, 2003; Black et al.
The Unicoi Formation contains basalt flows in its basal units but largely consists of immature conglomerate, arkose and sub-arkosic arenite (Rodgers, 1953).
Francis Mountain rhyolite (fine to coarse-grained; pink, red, green, gray; massive or flow banded, pebble to cobble size), Keokuk geodes (cauliflower cherts lined inside with rock crystal quartz, quartz druse, or chalcedony; pebble to large cobble size), sandstone (fine to coarse-grained; white, pink, red, green, gray; cobble to boulder size; some sandstones are loosely cemented as a result of quartz overgrowths displaying prismatic crystal faces on individual grains and commonly containing authigenic feldspars), Arkose and weathered granite (pink, coarse-grained, pebble to cobble size, very rare), quartz (milky, pink, clear, gray; pebble to large cobble size).
Arkose and granite ranges outcrop in the far south-west and there is an area of heavy mineralisation to the east.
TREC's current uranium industry clients in Wyoming include Uranerz Energy Corporation (AMEX: URZ), Arkose Mining Venture, Ur-Energy Inc.
Oliver Sherwood is enjoying his best season for many year's and can take the Pertemps Qualifier with ARKOSE (1.