SOLX 790 laser equivalent to argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) for IOP reduction while preserving trabecular meshwork WALTHAM, Mass.
What does ALT stand for?
ALT stands for Argon Laser Trabeculoplasty
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALT
We have 188 other meanings of ALT in our Acronym Attic
- Altoona Transportation Center (Amtrak station code; Altoona, PA)
- Altus AFB (Altus, OK)
- Amarillo Little Theatre (Amarillo, TX)
- Analog Line Termination
- Anarchists, Lunatics and Terrorists (apocryphal origin of newsgroup hierarchy)
- Anti Leech Tracker
- Applied Laser Technology (various locations)
- Approach and Landing Test
- Approximate Lower Triangular (coding scheme)
- Army Liaison Team
- Assistant Language Teacher
- Assistant Leader Trainer
- Association for Learning Technology
- Association for Linguistic Typology
- Association for Local Telecommunications
- Associazione Italiana per la Lotta Alla Trombosi
- Associazione per la Lotta Alla Trombosi e Alle Malattie Cardiovascolari (Italian: Association to Combat Thrombosis and Cardiovascular Disease; est. 1986)
- Asynchronous Line Test
- ATM Link Termination
Samples in periodicals archive:
The selective technique is much less traumatic to the eye than argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT), the current laser procedure.
In a separate presentation, Shlomo Melamed, Director, Sam Rothberg Glaucoma Center, Goldschleger Eye Institute at Sheba Medical Center in Tel-Hashomer, Israel, shared the results of a randomized, controlled study comparing the DeepLight 790 Titanium Sapphire Laser with traditional argon laser trabeculoplasty.
On March 13, 1997, Allergan received FDA approval to market ALPHAGAN(r) in the United States for the prevention of post-operative intraocular pressure elevations in patients undergoing argon laser trabeculoplasty.