It's been well established two hormones play a significant role in defining social behaviors and emotional perceptions: oxytocin (OXT) and arginine vasopressin (AVP).
What does AVP stand for?
AVP stands for Arginine Vasopressin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AVP
We have 173 other meanings of AVP in our Acronym Attic
- Aluminium Vérandas Plaisir (French window manufacturer; Plaisir, France)
- Ambulatory Venous Pressure
- American Volleyball Professionals
- Analysis at Various Prices
- Anthrax Vaccination Program (US CDC)
- Anti-Violence Project
- Anti-Virus Pro (Panda)
- Antiviral Protein
- Any Valid Point (biology examination)
- Approximate Vertical Profile
- ARM (Atmospheric Radiation Measurement) Aerial Vehicles Program (US Department of Education)
- Army Validation Program
- Arubaanse Volkspartij
- Assistant Vice President
- Associate Vice President
- Associated Video Producers (Springfield, MO)
- Association des Volontaires de la Paix (Association of Peace Volunteers)
- Association of Volleyball Professionals
- Atlanta Vocal Project (Atlanta, GA)
- Attribute-Value Pair
Samples in periodicals archive:
Isotonic fluid administration is further discouraged in hyponatraemic patients with inappropriate arginine vasopressin secretion.
The study, a collaboration between scientists at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and the University of Utah, found that people with WS flushed with the hormones oxytocin and arginine vasopressin (AVP) when exposed to emotional triggers.
Plasma arginine vasopressin response to insulin induced hypoglycemia.
Respiratory and haemodynamic values were recorded before and during a continuous infusion of arginine vasopressin sufficient to double the mean arterial pressure.
Key agents in development are primarily focused on targeting cardiovascular neurohormonal pathways, such as arginine vasopressin antagonists (which include Otsuka's Tolvaptan) and renin-angiotensin aldosterone system modulators (which include Novartis's Aliskiren).
Cases of life-threatening hypotonic encephalopathy and fatal cerebral edema demonstrated euvolemia with non-osmotic secretion of arginine vasopressin (AVP), fulfilling the essential diagnostic criteria for the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH).
Arginine vasopressin (AVP) was extracted using previous methods (7) using an AVP Radioimmunoassay kit supplied from Diagnostic Systems Laboratories, Texas, USA.