Arctic Slope Telephone Association Cooperative (ASTAC; Anchorage, Alaska) serves a roadless, remote arctic area of more than 90,000 square miles, which provides many unique challenges.
What does ASTAC stand for?
ASTAC stands for Arctic Slope Telephone Association Cooperative (Anchorage, AK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ASTAC
We have 2 other meanings of ASTAC in our Acronym Attic
- Aviation and Space Technology Academy (Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University)
- Aviation System Test Activity
- Asynchronous Status Board
- Automated/Automatic Status Board
- Air Status Board (AWSIM)
- Automatic Status Boards
- Aero-Space Technology Advisory Committee (US NASA)
- Animal Services Training and Consultation
- Anti-Submarine/Anti-Surface Warfare Tactical Air Controller (Navy classification for Air controller)
- Antisubmarine Warfare Tactical Support Center
- ASW Tactical Support System
- Asia Sustainable and Alternative Energy (World Bank; Washington; DC)
- Army Science and Technology Advisory Group
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- Airborne Standoff Minefield Detection System
- Airborne Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Minefield Detection System
- Acoustic Sensor Training Aids Program
- Advanced STatistical Analysis Program
- Asia-Pacific Telecommunity Standardization Program
- Advanced Surveillance & Target Acquisition Radar
Samples in periodicals archive:
; Kotzebue Electric Association; Thomas Bay Power Authority and in the telecommunications category, Arctic Slope Telephone Association Cooperative.
NASDAQ: ALVR), a global provider of optimized wireless broadband solutions addressing the connectivity, coverage and capacity challenges of public and private networks, today announced that Arctic Slope Telephone Association Cooperative (ASTAC), a member-owned telephone utility cooperative providing telecommunications services, selected Alvarion's wireless broadband Wi-Fi equipment to provide connectivity to workers and residents across the North Slope region of Alaska.
May, Stephen Merriam, James Wickham, Arctic Slope Telephone Association Cooperative (ASTAC); Randy Alvarez, Stephen A.
announces another commercial deployment of its Anywave Multi-Standard Base Station, this one with Arctic Slope Telephone Association Cooperative (ASTAC) of Alaska.
ATEAC is an alliance of four Alaskan local exchange telephone companies: Alaska Power & Telephone (APT); Arctic Slope Telephone Association Cooperative (ASTAC); TelAlaska, Inc.