Thanks must also go to Tim Malim of the Cambridge Archaeological Field Unit for providing information on the location of the Isleham Hoard.
What does AFU stand for?
AFU stands for Archaeological Field Unit
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFU
We have 22 other meanings of AFU in our Acronym Attic
- Airline Filter Unit
- Ajinomoto Frozen Foods USA
- All Fired Up
- All Fouled Up (polite form)
- alt.folklore.urban (newsgroup)
- American Families United
- Ammunition and Fire Unit
- Annual Follow-Up
- Approval for Use
- Archaeoglobus Fulgidus
- Archives for UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) Research (Sweden)
- Assault Fire Unit
- Asset Freezing Unit (UK)
- Assistance Au Freinage d'Urgence (French: mechanical brake assist)
- Association Foncière Urbaine (French: Urban Land Association)
- Association Française d'Urologie
- Association Fraternité Universelle (French: Universal Brotherhood Association)
- Associazione Ferrarese Universitaria (Italian: Ferrara University Association; Ferrara, Italy)
- Atelier Fabrication Usinage (French: Machine Manufacturing Workshop)
- Atlanta Fire United (soccer club; Georgia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Field investigation during August and September 1999 was as a training excavation under the direction of Cambridgeshire County Council Archaeological Field Unit.
html Other resources such as reports from archaeological field units like the Canterbury Archaeological Trust, e.